Issue in camera color with android and laptop

How are you getting the file from your d5500 to your devices ?
Are you using the builtin Wifi transfer software? If so, the transferred file is far smaller than the one on the camera, and when you see it in a larger screen it's not going to look very good. It's for social media postings.

Just thought I would throw that out there just in case.

How are you getting the file from your d5500 to your devices ?
Are you using the builtin Wifi transfer software? If so, the transferred file is far smaller than the one on the camera, and when you see it in a larger screen it's not going to look very good. It's for social media postings.

Just thought I would throw that out there just in case.
I used wmu app wifi from nikon, sometimes I also transfer data with sdcard

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

The WMU app only transfers up to a VGA sized image (if you configure it for the largest option). This is only good for social media postings. If you zoom in or enlarge the image it won't be so good.

So if you shoot in Large Fine JPEG and transfer it, the camera starts with a 21mb file and ends up transferring a 600kb file, for example.

And if you shoot in NEF/RAW on the camera, the WMU ONLY transfers a JPEG processed image of that Raw file. Thus what you see on camera is not going to be what is transferred, even if you shoot Large Fine JPEG on camera, as the camera will create a new small file size to transfer.

If you use LightRoom, you would Import the file directly from the SD card and process it the way you want. A RAW file needs to be processed, into a final JPEG. What you see on camera with a RAW file is a small processed JPEG so you can see it on camera. The RAW file does not contain anything the camera adds to it.

The WMU app only transfers up to a VGA sized image (if you configure it for the largest option). This is only good for social media postings. If you zoom in or enlarge the image it won't be so good.

And if you shoot in NEF/RAW on the camera, the WMU ONLY transfers a JPEG processed image of that Raw file. Thus what you see on camera is not going to be what is transferred, even if you shoot Large Fine JPEG on camera, as the camera will create a new small file size to transfer.

If you use LightRoom, you would Import the file directly from the SD card and process it the way you want. A RAW file needs to be processed, into a final JPEG. What you see on camera with a RAW file is a small processed JPEG so you can see it on camera. The RAW file does not contain anything the camera adds to it.
Even I shoot in jpeg and I transfer with sdcard, it was still different. I think it's my camera setting

Even I shoot in jpeg and I transfer with sdcard, it was still different. I think it's my camera setting

At that point, it all depends upon calibration, etc.
If you shoot in JPEG I would not use the camera's LCD screen for "final approval" as it's NOT the image you see from the file. A 21mb image is too large for the LCD screen, and a smaller copy of it is made from what I understand. So use the histogram for exposure review.

I have one camera that uses the WMU app.
My other camera uses the SnapBridge which I still have to test it's abilities.

But the WMU is really only good for quick, small sized, social media postings.

I think your D5500 can use SnapBridge, which will give you much better files.

With SnapBridge, you can apparently transfer Full Size images, though it would be slow. So this is even better than WMU. I hope my other camera can use SnapBridge as I haven't tested that yet.

Also snapbridge doesn't work with Apple Ios 10.2. Only 10.1 so be careful with that if you have it.

That is not calibration, that is just a bunch of SWAG settings you can pick from.

THIS is calibration, or at least a proper calibration device. Properly used WYSIWYG when printing or on another properly calibrated device.
The Win 10 settings, if you go through the wizard, will actually get you pretty close. In my case, it was a tad bit cooler than the Spyder5 calibration results.
Horseshoes+and+hand+grenades.jpg

It's not your camera settings.

You're looking at photos on different hardware that is both not calibrated and can not be calibrated. The LCD on your camera is not calibrated. It is not appropriate to judge your photos based on that image. You phone display is not calibrated. It should look different than the camera LCD because both are not calibrated and both are inappropriate for critically viewing your photos. You laptop is not calibrated and likely screwed up because you used the Windows calibration wizard.

Your laptop display is a TN display that can be calibrated but with some limitations. You need to calibrate the laptop first with a hardware device: https://www.amazon.com/X-Rite-CMUNS...590164&sr=8-1&keywords=xrite+colormunki+smile

Once you have that job done you need to view your photos on that calibrated laptop. To the extent that your phone and camera LCD do not then match the laptop display is the extent to which the phone and camera LCD displays are faulty.

Joe

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back