Italian Inspiration...

Taralyn Romero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These photos are from a trip I took about 5.5 years ago to Italy. I was there for two weeks and got to Travel all over the northern part of the country. At the time, I had no clue that I wanted to be a photographer.... after developing these pics from several of my Kodak Disposable (I didn't even own a camera when I went there) I feel in love with the art of it. These photos are what gave me the inspiration to try every day to become a better photo artist.... I hope you all like them.

Comments and critiques welcome.

This photo was taken along the streets of Florence....
MotorcyclesinItaly.jpg

This photo was taken in Milan...
MilanItaly.jpg

This photo was taken in Verona
StatueinItaly.jpg

This photo was taken in Venice...
VenicePort.jpg

love the tones girl! i like the POV in the first and #2 :thumbup:

i really like the shots! everything's just right! excellent work! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you everyone!

AIRIC - you have no idea! I can't imagine what kind of nuts I'd go if I got to spend another week there with the new equipment.... heaven I tell ya! That place was one of the most beautiful countries I've ever been to. A photographers dream.

Thanks for the feeback!

sweet! i totally love the tones :D

wow! very impressed with these shots. good eye taralyn. love the second one with everything seemingly stacked on top of each other.
thanks for sharing:D

Taken with a disposable camera? Holy cow. They are GOOD! Good! Good!
Shows so clearly that THE perfect equipment is not what really makes a photo. Even back then you have already shown such a good eye for things. I love the first with all the scooters in front! That is so "Italy" to me, and you've captured that!

I take it the conversion and toning is something done at a later stage?
But it helps them a lot. Really suits these!
Makes me feel all small and humble, who I have taken photos for decades, and still "snap"... :oops:

Great series. My fave is the third. Nicely done.

Wow, thanks everyone for all the positive feedback!

LaFoto, these photos were edited in Paint Shop Pro after they were scanned in to give them that tint. The originals were in color (obviously) and in truth, they were very boring in color and I always was very dissapointed with them. But, not that I've gotten out my "storage box" of old photos, I'm coming across a few that might be saved by the new program!!! Hopefully I'll keep coming across some old treasures.... *crossing fingers*

Most reactions

New Topics

Back