It's D9x00, D7x00 or D400 season... wants and predictions?

TheLost

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If (and its a big IF) Nikon comes out with a D400/D9300 this year it should be announced in the next few weeks (sometime in August).

Whats your prediction? Is 2014 the year for the D300 update?

I got tired of waiting and bought a D800 this week. So the new ones will be out within a week, you watch. Haha.

I always bought gear used a couple of years after it had hit the market as the latest and greatest, which is when all the early adopters are selling to get the newest latest and greatest.

I predict no D400.

Yea.. My D810 preorder came in but i decided to hold off a few months before moving to FX. I've already decided to go full frame... the question is Nikon or Canon. I'm going to be renting a bunch of Canon gear this football season :D.

I really liked the D810 when i was playing around with it... but i'll need to update my 70-200 VR1 and a few other lenses to get the most of it. Since i'm going to be dumping 98% of my gear... whats holding me to Nikon? Canon has lenses i want that Nikon doesn't offer (300 f/4 that can be used for sports).

Yea.. My D810 preorder came in but i decided to hold off a few months before moving to FX. I've already decided to go full frame... the question is Nikon or Canon. I'm going to be renting a bunch of Canon gear this football season :D.

I really liked the D810 when i was playing around with it... but i'll need to update my 70-200 VR1 and a few other lenses to get the most of it. Since i'm going to be dumping 98% of my gear... whats holding me to Nikon? Canon has lenses i want that Nikon doesn't offer (300 f/4 that can be used for sports).

I prefer Nikon but I really don't try to persuade a person one way or the other. My thought is, you can't go wrong with Canon or Nikon.

Anyhow, I've since moved on to a D800 but I would still love to see a Semi-Pro or Pro DX updated body.

I would like a D700 upgrade- the DF doesn't count. :mrgreen:

They did a D700 upgrade - the D800 - and then a D800 upgrade - the D810.

That's what I thought. Unless I missed something?

If (and its a big IF) Nikon comes out with a D400/D9300 this year it should be announced in the next few weeks (sometime in August).

Whats your prediction? Is 2014 the year for the D300 update?

mid of September expect either or both the 7200 and d620 to come out with the new expeed 4 processor. I'm personally holding out for that and my coin purse is nice and fat for when they do come out. :wink:

I don't care what they call it as long as it is 8-10 FPS, a 20-30+ shot buffer and improved ISO performance over the D7100. A pro body with dedicated controls and a dedicated AF-ON button would be just dandy for me..

I don't care what they call it as long as it is 8-10 FPS, a 20-30+ shot buffer and improved ISO performance over the D7100. A pro body with dedicated controls and a dedicated AF-ON button would be just dandy for me..

Day dreaming about Unicorns again uh? :)

It wouldn't take much to turn the D7100 into a semi-pro DX camera. Just beef up the buffer, add a few extra FPS, and install an ISO button up top.

It wouldn't take much to turn the D7100 into a semi-pro DX camera. Just beef up the buffer, add a few extra FPS, and install an ISO button up top.
Not just unicorns, I want to catch Big Foot holding a Unicorn high over his head with a Dodo Bird impaled on the Unicorn's Horn. Hopefully there will be a gallery of mermaids in the background too!

Yup, up the buffer and the FPS :)

Not just unicorns, I want to catch Big Foot holding a Unicorn high over his head with a Dodo Bird impaled on the Unicorn's Horn. Hopefully there will be a gallery of mermaids in the background too!

Like the Pentax k3?

Like the Pentax k3?
Pentax should adopt the Nikon F mount

Most reactions

New Topics

Back