Jalapeno Poppers, What do you think?

Looks good, as I was a chef for years I like the good simple idea of these. Might try it!
For the picture, the background is a little distracting. Would be better cooked for sure. Plate up a few and have a nice background. Good potential tho. I wish there were more food shots on here. It's a little snap shot like but at the same time I can see you put a little thought Into It.

Hmm, dont look like jalapenos poppers to me. lol interesting though.

Your accustomed to seeing them breaded. We came up with an idea and tried it, end result... DELICIOUS.

Haha. Yes. Your right. Although I'm loving your concept of them! Looks delicious. Everything I love all in one bite<3

Looks good, as I was a chef for years I like the good simple idea of these. Might try it!
For the picture, the background is a little distracting. Would be better cooked for sure. Plate up a few and have a nice background. Good potential tho. I wish there were more food shots on here. It's a little snap shot like but at the same time I can see you put a little thought Into It.

Thanks, Im just starting to shoot. My fiance does the cooking. Im working on my eye and angles. I do the bbq. Next shoot will be me on the bbq showing off my skills on the grill.

Ooh im gonna have to try that recipe out, perfect low carb snack ;)

You took an ok snapshot.

Looks tasty though.

I would love some pointers to improve.

Lose the flash

Make sure the food you're taking a photo of is cooked beforehand (it looks more appetizing)

Plate the dish, or arrange them on a nice platter.

Consider composition more and how much of the actual food is in the shot that's visible and that you can see some of the detail and ingredients.

Arrange food items composed using the rule of 3rds.

Have a less distracting background.

Properly expose the shot.

Not sure how this would work with the cheese involved, but if you put bacon in theoven prior to preheating, as the temp rises, fat will render off early as opposed to only losing what you can in full heat before the bacon burns. Also if you cook them on a rack ( like a cookie cooling rack ) they wont sit in a puddle of grease.( gotta love Alton Brown)

Not sure how this would work with the cheese involved, but if you put bacon in theoven prior to preheating, as the temp rises, fat will render off early as opposed to only losing what you can in full heat before the bacon burns. Also if you cook them on a rack ( like a cookie cooling rack ) they wont sit in a puddle of grease.( gotta love Alton Brown)

How in the world would we enjoy this without the bacon/grease - heartattack snack....;)

I just got back from a long vaca - bacon every day. I think I cut a month off my life.:confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back