Jousting Again...

DramaDork626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dramadork626.deviantart.com
Olympus Digital, outdoor, overcast day, no flash

Ok, I went to the Renn fair again yesterday. When the Jousting tournament began I RAN to the front so I can get a decent shot. Hopefully one that has action in it. Whenever someone on a horse ran toward me or across I had to shoot quick and with my camera you never really know if its gonna shoot directly when I want it to or not. You just kinda have to hope. So I took ALOT of pictures. This is the one I liked the best. I did add more contrast to it, but for some reason when I put pictures on the internet they seem to lose a litte bit so..eh..tell me if this shot is better than the last jousting shot, how do you like the composition?
Horsejoust.jpg

this one is MUCH MUCH better. the only thing that i wish was different about the composition was the clipped off hoof at the bottom, but that's kind of nitpicking. some might not like the other person behind the horse, but eh, it's no biggie. contrast seems fine to me. i'll tell you what though, that guy in the red shirt in the left of the pic really wants to steal some eye action. he's quite 'bright'. may want to tone him down a bit, or blur the crowd (be careful, dont overdo it). nicely done!

personally find the girl standing behind him very distracting, especially because her facial expression is completely with contrast with his, and she is also quite big in the frame. just give it to a photoshopper and he'll have her outta ther in no time :D

now, i'm not saying all this just to disagree but i rather find the bloke in the red shirt hidden an opposed to the very dark people next to him. but that is in another plane, i personally didn't even notice them.

my eyes go: rider -> horse -> cleaning-up lady -|

Blagh, i hate that cleaning lady hehe. She walked in there and I'm like "Aw you ruined it, lady!" But it was no fault of her own *snarl*...I think I can remove her myself with some time.I just need to figure out the damn clone tool

the crowd may be a problem in cloning but the rule says that if you happen to bump into the problem of repeating patterns (1 of 3 main problems) you just clone some other areas into the pattern and it breaks. otherwise it's an easy tool that requires a lot of time.

I'm loving this one. I love the dust coming off the horse as it rides through. I love the way the horse is looking straight at you. Personally, I like the girl in the background and the crowds. It lends a sense of "place".

i like this one much better. The dust looks good rising up behind the rider. and the crowd doesnt bother me.

Must admit that little woman made me chuckle a bit. Because shes so in focus, she looks like she is attached to the side of the horse. But she can be cloned out no probs. Have you figured the cloning tool out yet? or would you like some pointers?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back