Discussion in 'People Photography' started by Xmetal, Mar 25, 2008.
Critique, comments, brickbats and everything else welcome.
The third one is my favorite, but perhaps consider removing the blue in the top left corner, it poses as a distraction. And the last one has an interesting background, but the fact that she's wearing a hoodie sort of detracts from the overall effectiveness of the shot. I also like number six a lot. Overall a good series.
I like her pose in 7, but like Jeremy said, I don't like the hoodie.
My favourite is also 3. Nice pose, no hoodie, and interesting backgroud without taking the attention off her. Although like he mentioned, take out the blue in the upper left corner.
I love this set. Nice photo's, she's very pretty. In a non rude way, don't make her smile her teeth don't flatter the picture, sorry if that came off rude.
I definetly like #7 best but agree that she should be wearing a dress or something. I also liked #4. Its the kind of shot you could have up on your wall even if you didn't know her.
The hoodie wasn't removable as it was very cold out on the set, having another crack probably later this week.
I like this series. 1, 5, 6 & 8 stand out for me. I love the crop on #6 but then I'm a tight crop guy. Great job...
The purple is over saturated reallly bad, in my opinion.
3, 5 & 8 are my favorites. Personally, I like the hoodie. I think it gives them a distinctive look.
Beautiful girl. Great composition and posing. These would make any pro portrait photographer envious.
Wonderful job on these IMO. :thumbup:
I think your skills are really good!! Nice composition skills and tack sharp. A few constructive criticisms (jmo of course)
1. I like this one the best of all them.
2. That blue writing on the rock is distracting to me.. I'd edit it out
3. I think selective saturation is best left for children portraits. I think a fully saturated picture would make this an awesome overall picture
4. I like this a lot but hate that house in the background. I'd crop this with a little neg space over her head.
5. I think this picture could be awesome *fully* cropped, as a head shot. Otherwise, I like it as is.
6 and 7 are both good, I like them. Especially 7.
8. Not fond of it. Don't like the tilted skyline. The color seems too saturated and unnatural. Doesn't seem to fit the series.
Like I said, though.. great job, I think overall its a great series!!
Off camera flash or bounce flash would really improve #8.
Separate names with a comma.