Lake Tahoe Panorama

joethedestroyer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the first Panoramic shot I've tried. I used 6 or 7 shots from my work's Nikon D80. Let me know what you think.

Tahoe4-Version2.jpg
[/IMG]

and yes, I see the dust spot on the top left... But it's not my camera and I don't want to try to clean the sensor and ruin something.

Nicely done; I would prefer it without the cellular-telephone using lady on the right, but overall, not bad at all.

Yeah, I thought about cropping her out.. but that's my new wife, and it makes the shot a little more personal for our honeymoon album ;)

haha yeah, you wouldn't want to crop her out.

thats nice. would make a perfect post card.

and yes, I see the dust spot on the top left... But it's not my camera and I don't want to try to clean the sensor and ruin something.

I own a D70 – a very nice camera EXCEPT for the inevitable dust spots (unless you never change the lens, I guess). I live a 40-minute drive from the Nikon repair facility. When I brought my camera to them, the first thing I saw as I walked into reception was a disclaimer sign about cleaning sensors. Two things I learned: 1) DO NOT try to clean the sensor yourself. If you damage the sensor (which is very easy to do) you might as well replace the camera; 2) even having the sensor professionally cleaned will mainly just push the dust around.

I finally bought a D60, which electronically "cleans" the sensor every time it starts up. Haven't seen a dust spot, and I change the lens often.

BTW, nice shot of Tahoe. We drove around the lake one day and discovered Fallen Leaf Lake on the south side. Beautiful and very peaceful when we were there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back