Last Chance

I read the following:

"An amazing picture of Salad. A great shot slightly blurred. Overall perfect!"

If you tell us the image is overall perfect, this is quite a strong statement.

I never ever took a single picture in my life, which I myself consider close to perfect. And I have been taking pictures for a long time by now. So I guess my abilities of a photographer are by far inferior to yours, and hence I have no right to comment on your great work.

I may be playing devil's advocate here, but the OP never stated the pic was "perfect". He/She said "amazing" and "look really good". So he/she is givng him/her self a pat on the back. So? I don't think it's enough to disqualify him of some feedback.

And the original sentence says "it is the last chance for me to show you"... not something like "it is the last chance for you to look at". Just my $2.00. And that's pesos to you.;)

I may be playing devil's advocate here, but the OP never stated the pic was "perfect".

I have to disagree with you on this one. The link to the actual picture has the following caption beneath the shot (which was also quoted by Alex B):

"An amazing picture of Salad. A great shot slightly blurred. Overall perfect!"

The sad part is that he did the blur on purpose. So regardless, one of the main things that ruins the picture was done on purpose. I don't understand why you would purposely blur or shoot out of focus on a picture.

In defence of snapshot: Nan Goldin, etc..

So if we were to summarise then:
  • Large parts of the image are out of focus
  • It is over-exposed
  • The reasoning behind the blurred effect (whether intentional or not) is not fully understood
  • The subject matter is of limited appeal
  • gladounian likes the end result, but it doesn't have universal appeal
  • The captioning of the image has drawn more debate than the image itself
Does that just about cover it?

Yes, Chris. Thanks for the summary.
And gladounian may be happy I gave his thread such a boost start on here, never have my threads attracted so many people and got so many comments!

Ok this is over. srry i caused so much contoroversy. I'm posting a new thread where I THINK that the picture is good. <<THATS MY OPINION. anyway./...ok

So if we were to summarise then:
  • Large parts of the image are out of focus
  • It is over-exposed
  • The reasoning behind the blurred effect (whether intentional or not) is not fully understood
  • The subject matter is of limited appeal
  • gladounian likes the end result, but it doesn't have universal appeal
  • The captioning of the image has drawn more debate than the image itself
Does that just about cover it?
Ditto, agree 100%.

Do you really want to encourage this guy who obviously posted a silly picture to see how far the discussion would go before someone called it for what it was??

Do you really want to encourage this guy who obviously posted a silly picture to see how far the discussion would go before someone called it for what it was??

No, but I wouldn't want to shoo yet another member away, just because he holds in high regard a picture which is, in other's eyes, sub par.

Since I don't have the omniscience to determine someone's intentions from a couple of lines, I thought some slack could be cut.

Most reactions

Back