Leica Rangefinders

No can do this weekend - We have babyroom decorating plans and a tour of Good Sam for when it's time for baby to come out! :)

Wife is away on a trip soon - so hopefully PM you soon to see if timing still good!!

I'm excited and terrified of the Leica forum - both at the same time.
I've looked at my images and came to the conclusion that a 35 would be the better length for me to purchase first off the bat.

I'll be spending some considerable time on dxomark I think to find a semi inexpensive but sharp lens!

I appreciate every reply!!
Ive got a Voigtlander 35f2.5 color scopar and its great, also very small

My kid was born at Good Sam...the maternity and delivery facilities there seemed pretty nice. It's a pretty thrilling experience to watch a baby come into this world!

My kid was born at Good Sam...the maternity and delivery facilities there seemed pretty nice. It's a pretty thrilling experience to watch a baby come into this world!

I can't wait!! It's been a long time coming!! It's weird - one of the guys I sold some of my Olympus gear to said his wife works on the labor and delivery ward there and I should look her up!

I've only heard good things! I hope to have my Leica by then!

When you get the Leica you will have to change your name to bright lines ( because that is what you will use in the viewfinder) if you like shooting on the streets this is the best camera because you can see outside the frame

Hahaha I just signed up on the Leica forums as Leicalicious. I think BrightLines is an awesome idea though!! :D

I think you might enjoy reading the writings of famous Leica author and user Erwin Puts. He has some very interesting views on Leica photography. His blog is now in its third form/revision, at LeicaGraphy
He is Dutch, and of course, English is not his first language, but he has some interesting ideas on photography,photography's place in culture, ways of being involved with photography, and of course, a lot of Leica-related talk. His 2003 book Leica Lens Compendium has become rare, and valuable on the used market. He is loved, he is hated.

OK, so I bought the cheapest most inexpensive lens to begin with - because I just want to go out and shoot it.

I got the voigtlander 35 1.4 (I've heard to shoot either at 1.4, or >4.0 for best results.

All of this stuff should be with me tomorrow barring any natural disasters!
I'm excited!!

Ive got 2 Nokton's and they are great, 40F1.4sc Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f 1.4 M-Mount Lens 45BA246B B H Photo

and the 50F1.5 asph m mount The Voigtlander 50 1.5 Aspherical VM Lens Review STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

50F1.5 + voigtlander close focus adapter on A7 close focus fully out and at F1.5

DSC01096b%2Bw-XL.jpg

3D seperation at F1.5

b%2Bw-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back