Lensbaby Questions?

dpolston

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have to admit that I have seen the ad's for lens babies for a long time now. I have even seen some of the photos and I am vaguely aware of what this system is, but... for those that have this. Why should I buy one?

I mean, can't I get the same look in post processing that I get with the system? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I am just ignorant to the craze these have stirred. I do not want to invest the money into this if I can get to my Gaussian blur button on photoshop. What am I missing?

I don't know anyone personally that has this, so I can't play with theirs. I'm open but I need someone to "sell me" on the idea.

Sometimes, the gear is not about the final image, but the fun you have while shooting. You probably mock it up in Photoshop, but that's not the point.

Check out the LensBaby Sub-Forum here in our little community.

LBs

haha that is 30 secs away from my house

and yea it seems like this is the same effect as radial blur>zoom on photoshop...

Sometimes, the gear is not about the final image, but the fun you have while shooting. You probably mock it up in Photoshop, but that's not the point.

So basically, it's not really about the effect [because you can get it with PS], it's about the fun.

At last i have found your thread....saw you had posted in the Lensbaby forum and said you didnt get a lot of response...

The reason i bought the lensbaby 2 is i am really getting into macro photography ...I love it for flowers, insects,butterflies and bugs.....I saw some pics on the lensbaby website and loved the dreamy backgrounds....So when i had the cash i bought it and have no regrets.....like everything you have to practice a lot and everyone has a different idea of how the pic should look....but if i am happy with it then thats enough for me! Recently i bought a Canon Macro 60mm lens and its brilliant but different...the shots are really sharp...Its just another adventure into the creativity of photography i think....

Its not everyones cup of tea....but you seem interested....I love using Photoshop for painting and many different manipulations but as has been said its a really fun lens to have and will give you some nice surprises..

Patricia...............:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back