lenses

lonewolfe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
yes its another question on lenses and what i should get, but really my main question is how do i know what lenses i can use on my camera. It's also a film slr not dslr from nikon if that helps any.

Avoid any lens that says DX on it... those are just for DSLR's... anything else you will be fine with, although VR won't work on your camera I am guessing.

If you are wanting some high quality VR glass, I would upgrade ye ole camera to something a bit more modern that can use VR lenses like an N80 or N90.

ok but also im a total noob with this so would i be able to just buy any lens from nikon or are there only certain ones that would fit my body

could anyone possibly suggest some good 35mm slr cameras that are in a average price range nothing higher than about 800 or 900

The F401 (N5005) is a pretty decent AF camera. Basically any Nikon AF lens except for DX lenses, the 80mm f/2.8, ED 200mm f/3.5 IF, and autofocus converter TC-16/TC-16A) will work just fine.

You don't need another camera. By the way, I use Nikon manual focus kit and Canon digital kit.

i have no clue how i can tell which lenses would be compatible with my nikon tho all that stuff about lens mounts and everything confuses me could you please help me with this bit

Most reactions

New Topics

Back