License plate editing - question

Why worry about it? :lmao:

If the car has a license plate, people can see the plate everytime the car is out on the street.

Is this a serious question? Because how many more people are on the internet compared to on the streets? You do know that you can find people's address/name off somebody's plate number right?
Absolutely, it's serious.

So some one in Oregon see's a photo of some tuner car or hot rod on the internet, but that car is in New York. Do you really think they will travel all the way to New York to steal it, when they can pick a car to steal from any of the hundreds of cars right there in Oregon?

How about all the people on the internet that don't even live in the USA?

I think you're the one that needs to be serious. The way bigger theft threat is local, not the internet.

Absolutely, it's serious.

So some one in Oregon see's a photo of some tuner car or hot rod on the internet, but that car is in New York. Do you really think they will travel all the way to New York to steal it, when they can pick a car to steal from any of the hundreds of cars right there in Oregon?

How about all the people on the internet that don't even live in the USA?

I think you're the one that needs to be serious. The way bigger theft threat is local, not the internet.

deadhorsee.jpg

People are so paranoid these days... I swear, why do you feel that you need to hide from everyone?

Personal connections are important - but people go through great lengths to remove them from any online activity...

Go to my Flickr - my full name is on my profile (Joshua Allen Engler, in case you're lazy, lol), I'm not hiding from anyone... I don't think I have posted it here or there, but if somebody really wanted to know, it would not be hard to find out where I work or where I live either. And, like most things - with a little money you can find out pretty much anything you want.

The only possible fear I might have is that someone will see pictures of my 'stuff', find out where I live, and break in while I'm not home. Slim to none chance of that though. Far more likely is that some crack-head will pick a random door to kick in, or car window to smash. Hell, if there is anybody reading this in my town (Greenville, TX) - I would love to meet you. We could hang out, go shooting together, discuss photography related stuff - whatever. Even just having a beer with someone would be enough to justify it all. As far as I know, there is not a single person on this forum that I would not like to meet and have a drink or two with...

People are so paranoid these days... I swear, why do you feel that you need to hide from everyone?

The problem was solved several postings back. Give it a rest already.
Which post? :lol:

I saw the one about how to actually change the plate, but I didn't see anything about why you should change the plate.

I saw the one about how to actually change the plate, but I didn't see anything about why you should change the plate.

Then maybe you should re-read the original post:

I am trying to figure out how to remove the numbers/letters on a license plate but keep the background, I have seen it done before and can't figure out how to do it. Anybody know how and willing to share?

You didn't see anything about why to change the plate because the OP didn't ask for advice on that point. He asked how to removed the numerals.

Give it a rest.

Oh. Sorry, I didn't realize that the entire thread after the Op got thrown out...

Cloning is pretty simple business. I thought we were talking about why you should or shouldn't clone out plate numbers.

Then maybe you should re-read the original post:

I am trying to figure out how to remove the numbers/letters on a license plate but keep the background, I have seen it done before and can't figure out how to do it. Anybody know how and willing to share?
You didn't see anything about why to change the plate because the OP didn't ask for advice on that point. He asked how to removed the numerals.

Give it a rest.

The why remove the numbers is a much better read than the how to remove the numbers part of the thread. Why don't you go ahead and give the how to remove the numbers a rest since it's been covered at least a couple times already and let the rest of us go on about the why remove the numbers.

Mkthks.

Why don't you go ahead and give the how to remove the numbers a rest ...

I gave it a rest immediately after I explained how. Carry on with flogging a dead horse, if you insist, and the rest of us will watch and see what you accomplish. I'm sure you'll put on an impressive performance.
:wav:

Discussing 'how', like you would have, is flogging a dead horse. Discussing 'why' is not.

Discussing 'how', like you would have, is flogging a dead horse. Discussing 'why' is not.

Describing how -- and in some detail -- is answering the OP's question. Badgering the OP about why he wants the numbers removed is just that: badgering. I'm done with this thread. Rave on ...

Personal connections are important - but people go through great lengths to remove them from any online activity...

Go to my Flickr - my full name is on my profile (Joshua Allen Engler, in case you're lazy, lol), I'm not hiding from anyone... I don't think I have posted it here or there, but if somebody really wanted to know, it would not be hard to find out where I work or where I live either. And, like most things - with a little money you can find out pretty much anything you want.

The only possible fear I might have is that someone will see pictures of my 'stuff', find out where I live, and break in while I'm not home. Slim to none chance of that though. Far more likely is that some crack-head will pick a random door to kick in, or car window to smash. Hell, if there is anybody reading this in my town (Greenville, TX) - I would love to meet you. We could hang out, go shooting together, discuss photography related stuff - whatever. Even just having a beer with someone would be enough to justify it all. As far as I know, there is not a single person on this forum that I would not like to meet and have a drink or two with...

Now I wish I lived in TX

If it's because you want to hang out, it's pretty nice here.

If it's so you can steal my stuff, it totally sucks down here - you should stay in NJ.

:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back