Lighting Experiment: Part 3

Holy cow guys!!! Those are absolutely stunning!! So far beyond any post processing I was able to do! TEACH ME!!

Are you using Photoshop Jack Rabbit? There are some simple things that you can learn to enhance all of your images.

Yeah I'm using CS4. And you can just call me Jack. That is my name. And I would love to know what the first guy did in his post process. That looks absolutely beautiful

a dangerous look of eyes with down catchlights....the images are more soft than needed...some contrast is required and change of light from below.

Jack,
I've looked at your Flickr setups for the last two shoots, and have to agree that the on-the-floor speedlight isn't doing too much good. I think your setups are lacking a strong, higher-than-the-nose main light source that has some direction to it. Shooting the flash through the overhead-mounted bed sheet is producing a soft,diffused light that has very little direction to it, and as a result the photos are lacking crispness....the light is just soft and dull.

I saw the DIY foil turkey pan light you've made. Look forward to seeing that deployed as a simple main light. One good thing about your new setup--you've managed to get a clean white background,and you seem to have decent rapport with the subjects. Hope the SAT thing went okay!

you gotta change the direction of the light. Catch lights are bad.

And I would love to know what the first guy did in his post process

It looks like they moslty just smoothed out their skin and softened the bags under their eyes...you can do this with portraiture or something similar.

but they also need to have the midtone curves bumped up a bit to compensate for the underexposure.

JMO- the one by transformed is far too orange for my taste.

Here's my take at it:

4299135862_07b5ca44bd_b.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back