lightroom cc help

kelly5577

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi, i am not a photographer, just like to use my dslr and take pictures of my kids, I have been using lightroom on my desktop but my subscription has run out. when i went to lightroom on my laptop that is new I realized that lightroom cc is what I found. I was able to sign into lightroom and noticed the set up is totally different than what I am used to,

Questions...was I just using an old version? Is lightroom cc the new thing to use? Is the 9.99 option a good option for someone like me who is not a professional? I just like to take basic pics of my kids and edit them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

There is lightroom cc and lightroom classic cc. I uae classic on my desktops and other one for my phone. Either should work for you.

What you were used to was LR CC Classic. The new LR CC is set up so you can have your images in the Adobe Cloud and then edit them from any of your devices. With Classic the images are on a local drive connected to the computer, you can't open the same catalog on multiple devices.

If you signed up for the $9.99 Photography Plan that has LR and PS with 20gb online storage then you have access to both LR CC and LR CC Classic. If you went and signed up for the $9.99 LR CC with 1tb online storage then you just have the new LR CC and no longer have the LR CC Classic or PS.

I believe that most people on here have stayed with the $9.99 Photography Plan and have continued to use the LR CC Classic along with PS. There is also a Photography Plan with 1tb storage, but it is $19.99/month.

Many people are confused, can't understand why Adobe did it this way.
Lightroom CC is a new app designed for phones and tablets. Limited capabilites and designed to store files in the stupid cloud.
Lightroom Classic CC is the old software.

Thanks for the responses. i just uploaded 30 pictures and it took over 10 minutes..is that normal? also, i cant find the modules like library/develop...etc... so i see all the pictures but i cant do anything with them! HELP

Lightroom CC doesn't have modules.
Lightroom CC Classic has those modules. You have to subscribe (pay a monthly fee) to get to use Lightroom CC Classic.
The $9.99 per month subscription includes both Lightroom CC Classic AND Photoshop CC 2018.

I'm on the free trial. So is that why i cant edit? Thanks forn your help!

As I recall, if you let your subscription run out the software is still supposed to start... it just wont let you make any edits/adjustments.

I frankly don't understand what Adobe is doing since the new "Lightroom CC" (not the version that they've renamed to "Classic") appears to be roughly on par with... the free Photos app that Apple just gives away on it's phones, iPads, and laptops. If I wanted that... why would I pay Adobe?

Thank you! I am.somehow on a free 3p day trial... i think i just need to sign up for the 9.99 classic and see if that helps! I wanted to try the dree to make sure i was ok w working on my laptop vs. Desktop.

I tried to uoad a picture to show you what i see...but it ssid it is too large uhh

I tried to uoad a picture to show you what i see...but it ssid it is too large uhh

When uploading here I generally tell Lightroom to "export" and there's an "Image Sizing" option when you export. I set that to "Long Edge" and then set the size to about 1000 pixels.

Though I haven't tried it to verify, my $9.99 plan gave me the option of both CC and the Cloud. Irrelevant though as I have no intention of switching to Cloud and my LR mobile works just fine with CC.

Thanks! I was trying to upload only from my. phone..

So.is classic lr and lightroom cc different set ups? Is classic what i am used to?

You, and everyone else in the world, are used to LightRoom CC Classic.

I think Adobe feels the new LightRoom CC is for a pro photographer that flies from NY to LA for a photoshoot, uploads all the images to their cloud and then on the flight back they use their tablet to do an initial edit on the photos and then on their laptop and finally on their desktop when back in NY. At the same time they feel this new LR CC is for someone using a cell phone, uploading to the Adobe cloud, editing and posting to social media. Right now I'm happy to let others be the beta testers for the new LR CC so I cannot tell you yet how I might use it in my workflow.

Thank you all... This really helps so much so as an amateur The tographer who just 6 pictures of my children.. the best thing seems to be sticking with classic.

I also got a laptop to use for editing. Acer Spin 5. Is this fine for editing?

I think Adobe feels the new LightRoom CC is for a pro photographer that flies from NY to LA for a photoshoot, uploads all the images to their cloud and then on the flight back they use their tablet to do an initial edit on the photos and then on their laptop and finally on their desktop when back in NY. At the same time they feel this new LR CC is for someone using a cell phone, uploading to the Adobe cloud, editing and posting to social media. Right now I'm happy to let others be the beta testers for the new LR CC so I cannot tell you yet how I might use it in my workflow.

Thanks! I was trying to upload only from my. phone..

So.is classic lr and lightroom cc different set ups? Is classic what i am used to?

There might be some confusion here as there are actually 3 different Lightrooms. There's Lightroom CC the Cloud Version, Lightroom Classic, and Lightroom Mobile. The first two are available through the monthly pay plan. The cloud version doesn't have all the features of the classic version for editing that the Classic version has, but does allow most basic editing, and you can then send it to PS for final. The "Lightroom Mobile" is an app for android and Apple. I use all android devices so here is a link for android Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC - Android Apps on Google Play The mobile app allows very minimal editing compared to the others, but it will synch you photos with the Classic or the Cloud version. However I can tell you that doing so on the Classic version can really eat up band width if you are on a slower internet connection.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back