Lightroom Presets Do You Use Them?

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
New to LR, and still exploring all the features and have some questions on presets
  1. Do you use them and why?
  2. Suggestions on the best ones to use?

If your new to LR then it is worthwhile to select a preset and then take a look at the settings it changed.

Presets can speed up doing things. The only ones I use generally make a change to only one or two things that I do to many photos.

The best ones to use are ones you have made, the rest can often feel like someone else's vision of your image.

I use one - It just adds clarity, applied lens corrections and removes abberation and then sharpens to 70 and adds 40 to the luminance slider as I like that as a basis point.
After that, I'll work my way down the panels manually from top to bottom, and then use the heal/clone to do whatever else I need to do.

If your new to LR then it is worthwhile to select a preset and then take a look at the settings it changed.

Presets can speed up doing things. The only ones I use generally make a change to only one or two things that I do to many photos.

The best ones to use are ones you have made, the rest can often feel like someone else's vision of your image.

Thanks, I've already set some of my own, but was hoping there might be some worthwhile ones out there to save some time.

New to LR, and still exploring all the features and have some questions on presets
  1. Do you use them and why?
  2. Suggestions on the best ones to use?
Yes LightRoom Presets are great and they save you a to of time, i have some that i share, i created some nice Rich Tone B&W lightroom presets that you might like.. you can get them here..
portservices

I'm starting to release Lightroom presets for free .. just my way of contributing to the community :) You will want to keep checking back though because I plan on releasing new presets on a regular basis until it becomes a massive collection ... all free to use .. Free Lightroom Presets

I never use them. Every photo is different and it makes no sense for me to apply a preset i created for a completely different photo.

I rarely use them, generally only for bringing something to b&w that has some tonality, and even then I continue to edit after application. I am thinking of making some of my own to improve my workflow, mostly to crop images to standard sizes for easy framing.

I don't have LR but I do use a few favorite presets from the Topaz plug ins that I use with PSE. Mostly for landscapes.

I've used presets in PSP, but they were pretty much you like it or you don't. In LR and PS I like the ability to further edit presets or actions to build on the image.

Never use Lightroom's presets, but I use VSCO presets in Lightroom

Sometimes. I have some that I have made myself for certain photos that have the same base and lighting. It doesn't end with that though. I often tweak it a little bit more and do adjustments.
If you're looking for presets, there are some pretty nice ones here though I've never tried them myself.

Best Free and Paid Adobe Lightroom Presets

Very seldom do I use LR presets. I have done a few using the B&W filters (including the one of my Avatar)

Most of the time, I use PS and MacPhun but I also have the Nik collection that I can use too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back