Lightroom users

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1. Say I'd like to add a black and white action to the final jpegs.
Is it possible to batch convert files from RAW to Tiff (or Jpeg) WITH an action? How about one or more actions?

2. Is it possible to edit the highlights/shadows of the RAW files?

Thanks,
Dan

Google Dr Russel Brown's actions, he's part of the PS team and has loads of actions/scripts to process images to tiff n jpeg and to convert to sepia or BW.

PS why lightroom users, photoshop does the biz anyway. H

I use Dr. Brown scripts with CS2.

But I wanted to reduce the number of steps in my workflow.
For example, I'd want to do the toning action + the sharpening action with one click. Dr. Brown's 'Jpeg 1-2-3' lets you batch convert with one action only.

Most importantly, if I can fiddle with the highlight/shadows while in RAW, it will be a GREAT time-saver for me.

Hence I was wondering if Lightroom would offer me a better option.

PS why lightroom users, photoshop does the biz anyway.
Yes, but not everyone has Lightroom.

Thanks for that link.

In lightroom you can copy settings from one image to the other just like in cameraRAW. After you adjust the first one copy them, select all the others paste them and click export. Easy as pie.

This copy and paste option is somewhere in the right click menu of an image.

Garbz, do you know if LR has the Shadows/Highlights tool within it's RAW editing space?

I currently use Bridge and ACR with CS2. And yes, I do copy-paste the settings in ACR and/or Bridge if the lighting does not change for a set number of frames. But what I'm looking for is the S/H tool in the RAW work area. That would save me a great amount of time.

Garbz, do you know if LR has the Shadows/Highlights tool within it's RAW editing space?

I currently use Bridge and ACR with CS2. And yes, I do copy-paste the settings in ACR and/or Bridge if the lighting does not change for a set number of frames. But what I'm looking for is the S/H tool in the RAW work area. That would save me a great amount of time.

Yes, and a million other adjustments. Maybe you should download a 30 trial.

Most reactions

Back