Little Blue Pool and a Red head

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Fujifilm XT1, Zeiss 50mm 2.8 macro. I had to lay down on the ground for both of these.

_GA12132e.jpg

_GA12048e.jpg

You're going to buy one, right?

Yes sir, do you think I should? I respect your opinion..... The xT2 but it's on backorder. I am buying the XT2 with battery grip, 18-50mm f2.8, 14mm 2.8, 23mm f/2, Zeiss 50mm 2.8 macro, and the 50-140mm 2.8 with 1.4x converter. Selling all my Nikon stuff (big loss), providing the basketball game comes out good friday night. I want to just change the whole system since I am not a professional.

There have been a few times when I've thought about jumping ship. It's a tough call, but I like everything I've seen on the XT2.

There have been a few times when I've thought about jumping ship. It's a tough call, but I like everything I've seen on the XT2.
I'm borrowing the xt1 , the XT2 has the new sensor and a joy stick for moving focus point.

Yes sir, do you think I should? I respect your opinion..... The xT2 but it's on backorder. I am buying the XT2 with battery grip, 18-50mm f2.8, 14mm 2.8, 23mm f/2, Zeiss 50mm 2.8 macro, and the 50-140mm 2.8 with 1.4x converter. Selling all my Nikon stuff (big loss), providing the basketball game comes out good friday night. I want to just change the whole system since I am not a professional.

I know you've only been using it for a few days, but it seems like it makes you happy. You've had some frustrations over the year that I've been following you, and it seems to me that you've found some peace working with film and shooting more abstractly than some of the work you were posting when I first started browsing/posting on the forum. It seems like the Fuji fits both of those sensibilities.

At the end of the day, most of us are looking for something that fulfills our drive for creativity. Our cameras are just a tool in that regard. If the Fuji is going to make you happy in that regard, I wouldn't look back.

The K3ii uses the 4 way controller to move the focus point. I keep forgetting it's there, because if it's that critical I use manual focus on live view at 10x, and shift the scene to show the point I want. Guess I need to try it, might be a better way.

I know you've only been using it for a few days, but it seems like it makes you happy. You've had some frustrations over the year that I've been following you, and it seems to me that you've found some peace working with film and shooting more abstractly than some of the work you were posting when I first started browsing/posting on the forum. It seems like the Fuji fits both of those sensibilities.

At the end of the day, most of us are looking for something that fulfills our drive for creativity. Our cameras are just a tool in that regard. If the Fuji is going to make you happy in that regard, I wouldn't look back.
Thanks. @Gary A. has been helping me a great deal so he was keen to my approach and vision via PM. My current digital set up was frustrating me to a point of giving up so I started gravitating towards film. Now I'm borrowing a camera that works like film so the whole experience is consistent.

My current digital set up was frustrating me to a point of giving up so I started gravitating towards film.

I've read some of your previous comments on this, but I've either forgotten (sorry my memory is crap), or I never fully understood (happens a lot). What exactly was frustrating you, and how did film make it better. I ask because I sort of went the opposite direction.

I've been following your photography journey as well and I agree with Jon - if the Fuji makes you happy then go for it. I love the color that you're getting from it. Really gorgeous!

My current digital set up was frustrating me to a point of giving up so I started gravitating towards film.

I've read some of your previous comments on this, but I've either forgotten (sorry my memory is crap), or I never fully understood (happens a lot). What exactly was frustrating you, and how did film make it better. I ask because I sort of went the opposite direction.
I was missing a lot, missing focus mainly with my D7200. So I noticed with film, I slowed down, paying attention to every aspect of taking a picture. So I moved that procedure into the digital and still struggled. I literally put the D7200 away. Little things like turning the aperture ring, shutter and ISO dial, focus ring, really work better for me for reasons of a standard procedure. A methodical approach forces me to think about what I'm trying to do with each image.

@jcdeboever And you might (like a loft of us) be a little to critical of your work. I've learned that despite how much we want it to be, not EVERY shot is going to be the "perfect image". One think I've noticed on you though, is that you're always moving forward, always trying new things, always learning. In that respect you've been an inspiration for many, myself included. I've seen many great photographers on this forum, some of whom seem to be stuck in a rut. They post perfect images but never try something different. Keep showing us the way to never stop trying!!!

Most reactions

Back