Lomography

ksmattfish said:
The Epic is one of my favorite cameras of all time. I think it can do anything the Lomo can, and a lot more.

Yes, yes. Definitely. I can even create that Lomo slighty-out-of-focus effect for portraits with my Epic. All u need to do is to trick the auto-focus sensor a little bit before the shoot.

weeeee

who wants to supply lomography cams for me.. i am actually interested in selling these cams in our place.. and im looking for a supplier with a cheap price! hehe

But...Alright...there was a piece of art that was a urinal, and the guy signed it, didnt the manufacturer make the urinal? so its the same as lomography.

The urinal was by Marcel Duchamp, though he actually signed it R Mutt. The point was that art exists everywhere, even mundane objects can be seen as sculpture. It was more a statement than a work of art. That's the problem with modern art today (IMO), they're all making statements rather than art and few modern artists seem to study art history, because most of what they have to say has been said a hundred times before. I guess it's all harmless enough, and if I could get a million quid for an idea, or a statement I wouldn't turn it down. Come to think of it, I'll be ripping my old bathroom out soon...now I wonder? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sark

They try to market these like they have a special light-amplifying lens left over from cold-war KGB technology, but it's just a little bit fast compared to the zoom lens that most point-n-shoots have these days, and it uses slower than normal shutter speeds to slow-sync. The results can be cool, but like I said, completely possible on almost any other camera also. I think $150, or whatever they are charging these days is way too much for a plastic camera. They are maybe worth $40, on a good day (IMHO).

I think we are confusing the LC-A with Lomography as a whole. If you look at the Lomography store, you will see that they sell many cameras, from deadstock Cold War antiques to modern $40 novelty cameras. I actually think some of the low-end plastic stuff is pretty compelling- in particular the $50 35mm fisheye camera (which I may buy my brother for a trip he is going on just to see what he comes up with) or the $40 Actionsampler that puts four exposures spread over a few seconds onto one 35mm frame. These little toys seem like they could pack some bang for the buck. But yeah, my "new" Ricoh KR-10 with 50mm f/2 is a thousand times more capable than the LC-A for less than a tenth of the price. To each his own I suppose.

I bought one at a museum shop in London, and got another one as a gift.

I am sure that if a person tried, they could really get controlled results that are a specific creative direction - meaning that the images become a choice rather than a coincidence.

Personally, I shot a few rolls through each, and decided it's not for me. I'm not going to commit any real time to crap cameras.

But I like some of the images I got, and bring it along just for fun... but like I said, it's truly point'n'shoot for me.

LAX:
1178977850.jpg

Mullholland to downtown along the 101:
1179069807.jpg

The Lomo Octomat at work by the pool:
1159313374.jpg

I've seen better pictures taken with a Kodak Brownie box camera.....

Not knocking the photographer.....just the camera.

Vince

I've seen better pictures taken with a Kodak Brownie box camera.....

I've taken better photo's with a box brownie!

Nice sharp contact prints from 620 film.

(Can anyone remember what the difference was between 120 and 620?)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back