London UK Meetup

PlasticSpanner said:
Looks like I may be arriving by train since my wife isn't keen on accompanying me! :lol:

I can get a direct train from Crewe to London Euston for £18 (?)

Now how do I get from Euston to Blackfriars Station anyone?
Northern Line (how appropriate) south bound to Embankment, change to District and Circle line east bound to Blackfriars. Northern line trains are marked Kennington/Morden, District Line trains marked Tower Hill/Upminster.

Or... catch the Victoria Line north to King's Cross Thameslink and get the train to Brighton/Wimbledon/Bromley etc. which stops at Blackfriars. Or walk to King's Cross, it's an interesting area! ;)

Lensmeister said:
May I suggest the Ticket Office / Hall - The Thamleslink one (now called First Capital Connect) NOT the underground one. Looks like the best bet .... There is a WHSmiths there, and a coffee pace to. You'll all be a ble to spot me .. Fat bloke, Greying hair, probably a red coat (no Butlins jokes), and a black/brown rucksack with me kit in it !

Yeah, somewhere between the top level Thameslink concourse and the platforms 1/2/3/4 is probably the best area. Bet the coffee shop is shut on weekends!!!

I'll be looking out for a horizontally endowed redcoat masquerading as a bomber then! :lol:

Rob

i wanna come too :(:cry:

seriously... you guys have a great time!
and i shall make it to the uk next year hopefully :D

oh, just to update, i definately wont be able to make this one :( ...... but have a great time everyone and take loads of pics to keep up the british end eh. :thumbup:

I might chance it aswell i think you are getting cheap fairs on the train at the mo so i would be weel up for it. Be nice to have a talk about cameras with people who know what there on about.

allyv said:
I might chance it aswell i think you are getting cheap fairs on the train at the mo so i would be weel up for it. Be nice to have a talk about cameras with people who know what there on about.

When you find them can you show us them too ... :lmao: ;)

Lensmeister said:
Mansi should come too ... she gets good ones of people .. and there are some very strange looking people in London ... More on the 22nd April !
ahhh how i wish:grumpy: wrong timing with the money and well 'time'... cuz im already headed to Thailand for 2 weeks and another place for 2... looks tight...
i promise... next year i'll be there :thumbup: :mrgreen: :hugs:

cbay said:
Right I have decided I am most likely coming for the whole weekend but need to know where bouts we are meeting etc as need to book a hotel!

All the information is in the post - we're meeting at 10.30am at Blackfriars station rail concourse. If you need my mobile number (highly recommended) then PM me. As for hotels, the place I mentioned earlier in this thread is cheap n cheerful.

Rob

Ah, this thread makes my mouth water, but I cannot have been to one meet-up only last weekend and to the next next weekend. It is just not possible. But a September-meet-up is in the planning? Dates set? Hey, that is so cool. That one might as well work out... who knows? I'll do my very, very best for the September one! Even JoCose said he might "make" that one, eh?

Post a big fat photo thread on yours, folks. Please do.
And people like Lensmeister MUST have the September-one in mind, too, will you, Neil? Please! I had so hoped to already meet you last year in August! And Archangel, and more and more and more ;). :D. And my "old" friends, too, eh? September, too? Say yes.

Right I will be there, Unsure what time I arrive @ Euston but I will give you a ring Rob as Ive got ur mobile number. Out of intrest what are the plans on Saturday, as afraid Ive got to work on the Sunday photoing the Marathon.

cbay said:
Right I will be there, Unsure what time I arrive @ Euston but I will give you a ring Rob as Ive got ur mobile number. Out of intrest what are the plans on Saturday, as afraid Ive got to work on the Sunday photoing the Marathon.

Well, basically do a walking tour of the Blackfriars area, encompassing the things mentioned earlier that are worth photographing - river side, St Paul's, wobbly bridge, the Tower, St Bride's, Fleet street, Millennium wheel, then probably lunch/pub type thing and see what happens. There's so much to see, it depends on what people want to shoot.

Rob

Most reactions

Back