London UK Meetup

WOW! why the heck did I miss this thread?!?! London... London... once again? why not?!!!

i hope to come to the september one, although it is the last week of the summer holidays... :D

Hiya all,

I'm new to the forum, and would love to meet up in London.

What are the final plans, are we to meet up for a drink before hand.

I turn my back for one minute and this is what happens....

Simon, good to see a new person looking for a meet. I can assure you that pubs will feature heavily in our meetup plans. As long as it's not up north then I can pick a pub ok. :)

London Marathon eh??? Oh goodness it is. Nuts, that's gonna make things interesting. Still, may work to our advantage - more people and more cameras and less grief I would think. Might be a bit more crowded, but that said, 14m people take public transport every day in London, so I can't see a couple of ruddy joggers upsetting things too much. I may, of course, be wrong.

I think we need to meet up mid morning - as people will be travelling a fair distance. I'd personally vote for meeting at Blackfriars Station, as it's pretty easy to spot people there and the views are interesting as well. So, how about 10.30am Blackfriars Station? That way, once there's a few people there, we can wander around the vicinity to wait for the stragglers.

Anyone?

Rob

Rob said:
I turn my back for one minute and this is what happens....

Simon, good to see a new person looking for a meet. I can assure you that pubs will feature heavily in our meetup plans. As long as it's not up north then I can pick a pub ok. :)

London Marathon eh??? Oh goodness it is. Nuts, that's gonna make things interesting. Still, may work to our advantage - more people and more cameras and less grief I would think. Might be a bit more crowded, but that said, 14m people take public transport every day in London, so I can't see a couple of ruddy joggers upsetting things too much. I may, of course, be wrong.

I think we need to meet up mid morning - as people will be travelling a fair distance. I'd personally vote for meeting at Blackfriars Station, as it's pretty easy to spot people there and the views are interesting as well. So, how about 10.30am Blackfriars Station? That way, once there's a few people there, we can wander around the vicinity to wait for the stragglers.

Anyone?

Rob

No probs for me as I'll be going into Padd or Waterloo then tubing it across even If I'm late I have your number Rob so I can ring you

The Marathon wont cause any problems except I may have to work and cover the event. therefore I will be down for the weekend so I will deffo meet up most likely. Will need telephone numbers etc to ring and see where you lot are etc.

The List (again!):
PlasticSpanner
Rob
Lensmeister (saturday only)
Hertz (maybe)
lostprophet (sunday only)
cbay (maybe)
Archangel (maybe)
Tempra (sat, maybe sunday)
Simon (both maybe?)

The time: 10.30am
The place: Blackfriars Station (both days)

Rob

**April 22nd/23rd 2006**

Rob said:
So, how about 10.30am Blackfriars Station?
I think we will all need to wear white carnations and carry copies of Pigbreeder's Gazette so we can recognise each other.
And naturally we will use the TPF handshake (Type III) to confirm identities. Can't be too careful.

Hertz van Rental said:
I think we will all need to wear white carnations and carry copies of Pigbreeder's Gazette so we can recognise each other.
And naturally we will use the TPF handshake (Type III) to confirm identities. Can't be too careful.

I hit my hand in the same spot 3 times today with a hammer so I'm afraid the type III secret handshake is out for me! :(

Rob said:
The List (again!):
PlasticSpanner
Rob
Lensmeister (saturday only)
Hertz (maybe)
lostprophet (sunday only)
cbay (maybe)
Archangel (maybe)
Tempra (sat, maybe sunday)
Simon (both maybe?)

The time: 10.30am
The place: Blackfriars Station (both days)

Rob

**April 22nd/23rd 2006**

May I suggest the Ticket Office / Hall - The Thamleslink one (now called First Capital Connect) NOT the underground one. Looks like the best bet .... There is a WHSmiths there, and a coffee pace to. You'll all be a ble to spot me .. Fat bloke, Greying hair, probably a red coat (no Butlins jokes), and a black/brown rucksack with me kit in it !

Looks like I may be arriving by train since my wife isn't keen on accompanying me! :lol:

I can get a direct train from Crewe to London Euston for £18 (?)

Now how do I get from Euston to Blackfriars Station anyone?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back