Looking for CC on my 2nd Concert Shoot

myvinyl333

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.livegigshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
]2-13-10 175 bw on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

2-13-10 242 bw on Flickr - Photo Sharing

set-72157623309822421

4357024014_0af2db34dd_b.jpg[img]

Thanks
jorge

Last edited:
Your shutter speeds got down into some pretty slow territory, around the 1/10 second range, with the ISO at 1600 and the lens at f/2.8. WHile blue is not always bad, I didn't see anything that was really enhanced or helped by the blurring. I think it's better if one can keep the shutter speeds up in the faster ranges, trying for little moments in between where the subjects are not moving so much that they cause excessive blurring. It depends on the stage lighting, but if a performer is lighted by a spot or bright flood, shutter speeds will be significantly faster than 1/10 second at ISO 1600, and you should be able to get really "good" lighting.

If the lighting is very poor, such as f/2.8 at 1/10 second at ISO 1600, you absolutely MUST shoot in RAW mode, and underexposure by a stop, or even two stoops, is the route to consider, with the exposure corrected later in post processing. As in all things, one does what one can. Sometimes only the brightest tones will be exposed properly,and the shadows will drop away. It's important not to allow the camera's built-in light metering to look at a lot of dark,unlighted area and over-expose meaningless, unlighted stage areas.

please link as

F2.8 is not fast enough for venues that are this dark, i wouldn't have even bothered, why didn't you shoot them from the front, way too much blur

Your shutter speeds got down into some pretty slow territory, around the 1/10 second range, with the ISO at 1600 and the lens at f/2.8. WHile blue is not always bad, I didn't see anything that was really enhanced or helped by the blurring. I think it's better if one can keep the shutter speeds up in the faster ranges, trying for little moments in between where the subjects are not moving so much that they cause excessive blurring. It depends on the stage lighting, but if a performer is lighted by a spot or bright flood, shutter speeds will be significantly faster than 1/10 second at ISO 1600, and you should be able to get really "good" lighting.

If the lighting is very poor, such as f/2.8 at 1/10 second at ISO 1600, you absolutely MUST shoot in RAW mode, and underexposure by a stop, or even two stoops, is the route to consider, with the exposure corrected later in post processing. As in all things, one does what one can. Sometimes only the brightest tones will be exposed properly,and the shadows will drop away. It's important not to allow the camera's built-in light metering to look at a lot of dark,unlighted area and over-expose meaningless, unlighted stage areas.

I am still learning how to get the right settings. At this show I tried numerous combinations. Overall I did not like the Ha Ha Tonka photos. I am reading about shutter speeds and ISO. Thank you for the CC. I have shoot 3 this Sat.
jorge

I am still learning how to get the right settings. At this show I tried numerous combinations. Overall I did not like the Ha Ha Tonka photos. I am reading about shutter speeds and ISO. Thank you for the CC. I have shoot 3 this Sat.
jorge

A 50mmf1.4 will help and iso6400, i'm always at iso3200 with my 5D
http://gsgary.smugmug.com/photos/780213227_Zt4cU-L.jpg shot with a 300mmF2.8L

jorge

Thanks~ Here is one from same show ith the f1.4 50 mm ???
2-13-10 226 bw on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

jorge

Thanks~ Here is one from same show ith the f1.4 50 mm ???
2-13-10 226 bw on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thats a lot better:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back