Looking for location for Automotive shoot near DC

I'll have to have my buddy scout it, see if it looks like a legit spot or a crack house.

I'm dying to shoot here:

Phoenix Dr - Google Maps

If you look at the street view from 66, it's a bunch of apandoned buildings compleley plastered in graffiti. Problem is it may be gated and I've seen a cop sitting out front from time to time.
Are these the abandoned bldgs/sheds on the side of 66 near rte 50 (if I remember correctly)? I've always thought it would be a cool place to get some pics but I think it's closed off and may be private property. Never have figured oit how to get to the area, just been driving by it for 20+ years thinking it looks like a neat place.

Yeah, just across from the NRA building. you get to it off Jermantown rd.

The government blocks them? Are you in China? lol it's a link to google maps, i'm using a shortner. Google Maps

I have been using this website: ShotHotspot - The photography locations search engine for shooting locations. It is a little quirky I am hoping they solve some of the issues with it because it has a lot of potential. I typed in Washington DC fairfax and found a lot of locations. Of the 68 Hot spots listed 21 were City/Urban and 7 were Derelict/Ruins. This may help you. I used it to find a scenic overlook for Senior class portraits.

Good Luck and have fun on your shoot.

What the deal with the union market area? is it safe? it would be around dusk or so. Google Maps
First, I don't know that area west of Galludet well (i.e.: Union Market). I can tell you that the area east of galludet (Trinidad) used to be a very dangerous area. It's gotten significantly better and now draws a lot of young urban professionals, young couples. But the crime numbers (especially for gun-related events) is still high for DC. It's also going to be a haul from Vienna.

And the specific location I'm thinking of behind the Home Depot in the Mosaic District is Merilee Drive. There isn't much that is abandoned there but it's mostly a lot of blue collar (auto repair, marble countertop, carpentry) small shops with a gritty look, most of them don't look busy, some will be shut down on the weekend.

I'm dying to shoot here:

Phoenix Dr - Google Maps

If you look at the street view from 66, it's a bunch of apandoned buildings compleley plastered in graffiti. Problem is it may be gated and I've seen a cop sitting out front from time to time.
Cool! Definitely interested in checking this out. If I get there before you, I'll let you know what I find.

Union Market would be a haul from Vienna but I'm taking the train in and my friend is picking me up from Union station so we could do it then.

hotshotspot.com seems kinda cool but it does exaclty the same thing as a geographical search on flikr.com

Any updates?
Well, the spot that Braineack pointed out earlier on Phoenix Drive in Oakton isn't workable for you b/c parking isn't allowed by the side of the road (which isn't that remarkable for your purposes) and the site itself doesn't have entrances large enough to get a car through.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back