Mac Users Question

On top of the post pro software that came with my cameras:
Epson photoraw, Epson Scan, Canon's Digital photo pro, Capture one LE
(I'm actually slowly migrating completely to Capture One)

I use

Adobe photoshop CS
Iphoto (view my archived)
Gallerie (http://www.myriad-online.com/en/products/galerie.htm)
and MacJournal (notes and journal)

I like I-Photo, and The Gimp.

I mainly use Iphoto for streamlined uploading and photobrowsing and CS3 for editing (although I just picked it up). I want to start using Adobe bridge for browsing, I just have a gig of ram so it runs pretty slow.

You can get photoshop actions at www.atncentral.com that can add simple (and sometimes not so simple) frames or watermarks to your shots.

I used Aperture for a while on my Mac Pro and was using it for uploading and editing. But when I got my MacBook Pro, I got a trial of Lightroom and liked it a lot more. So about a few weeks ago I bought Lightroom and CS3 for my MacBook Pro and now just use those two programs for all photo work. I'm loving the workflow I have.

Edit: If you're wondering why I opt for my MBP over a MP for editing, it's 'cause I sold my Mac Pro.

I used Aperture for a while on my Mac Pro and was using it for uploading and editing. But when I got my MacBook Pro, I got a trial of Lightroom and liked it a lot more. So about a few weeks ago I bought Lightroom and CS3 for my MacBook Pro and now just use those two programs for all photo work. I'm loving the workflow I have.

Edit: If you're wondering why I opt for my MBP over a MP for editing, it's 'cause I sold my Mac Pro.

What does lightroom do that Bridge can't?

Other than basic corrections.

I'm thinking of getting lightroom. But I don't know if it's silly while I have bridge as well.

What does lightroom do that Bridge can't?

Other than basic corrections.

I'm thinking of getting lightroom. But I don't know if it's silly while I have bridge as well.

I don't do a lot of corrections in Lightroom. I mostly just use it because I got it on sale by getting it with CS3 and it helps me organize my files better. I really use Lightroom primarily as a catalog program, to be honest. I haven't even used Bridge though, so I don't know for sure. I believe Adobe's site has a 30-day trial of Lightroom, so I'd check that out. It'll probably answer your questions within a few minutes of use.

I don't do a lot of corrections in Lightroom. I mostly just use it because I got it on sale by getting it with CS3 and it helps me organize my files better. I really use Lightroom primarily as a catalog program, to be honest. I haven't even used Bridge though, so I don't know for sure. I believe Adobe's site has a 30-day trial of Lightroom, so I'd check that out. It'll probably answer your questions within a few minutes of use.

I've had a couple of lightroom trials already. I know it's a great app. I guess I need to look at bridge again and see what it can do. I haven't used it for a fair while.

I'm surprised adobe hasn't dropped bridge and packaged cs3 with lightroom. I bet they will on the next big release.

I didn't even know I had Bridge HAHA. I just Spotlighted it and tried it out. I find that for quick edits, Lightroom is great, really great actually. I use it for simple adjustments over PhotoShop just 'cause it's way faster and more convenient, 'cause all of my photos are cataloged in Lightroom and that's where I import. Lightroom by itself was great for editing pictures before I got CS3, and I'd say 95% of the time, Ligthroom is all I need still.

I didn't even know I had Bridge HAHA. I just Spotlighted it and tried it out. I find that for quick edits, Lightroom is great, really great actually. I use it for simple adjustments over PhotoShop just 'cause it's way faster and more convenient, 'cause all of my photos are cataloged in Lightroom and that's where I import. Lightroom by itself was great for editing pictures before I got CS3, and I'd say 95% of the time, Ligthroom is all I need still.

I think most people could get by with just lightroom. Especially if you were one of those, "only what could be done it a darkroom type people".

Not me.

I think most people could get by with just lightroom. Especially if you were one of those, "only what could be done it a darkroom type people".

Not me.

Definitely if you were one of those darkroom types, Lightroom would be more than sufficient. I think Lightroom has its own market, but it does play nicely with CS3, better than Aperture does, that's for sure.

Definitely if you were one of those darkroom types, Lightroom would be more than sufficient. I think Lightroom has its own market, but it does play nicely with CS3, better than Aperture does, that's for sure.

Uggh. Aperture is so friggin slow and ponderous. I actually have a free copy and I refuse to use it.

Wait...Bridge? lol. I didn't even realize bridge could do ANYTHING. I know it's decent for organizing...but I thought everything was linked to photoshop. Well, don't blame me...I have never really bothered to do anything with it...I have full versions of CS3, and both Aperture and Lightroom. Bridge just kinda comes with the package when you get Photoshop.

Wait...Bridge? lol. I didn't even realize bridge could do ANYTHING. I know it's decent for organizing...but I thought everything was linked to photoshop. Well, don't blame me...I have never really bothered to do anything with it...I have full versions of CS3, and both Aperture and Lightroom. Bridge just kinda comes with the package when you get Photoshop.

Wow, thank God you said that. I thought I was the only person that didn't even realize Bridge had a use HAHA. Now I don't feel so bad.

I bought cs2 when bridge was a real big deal and the next big thing. It was very popular in the digital imaging curriculum at ASU.

Man i have aperture and lightroom and never use aperture. I don't know why, but i just don't like it. I really like lightroom for many reasons, but one of the features that i really like is the web module. Frequently people will ask to see more examples of a particular style of work- so i throw together a gallery (seriously like 45 seconds) and click upload, since i've got my ftp information preloaded it's just a snap. Then i can fire an email off with a link for the customer. If looks really professional and totally custom for the client- and it's so easy and quick that it makes me look like i'm really good at my job (ha!) -

Most reactions

New Topics

Back