MB-D11 Battery grip for D7000

BRN1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
There is quite a difference in price from the Nikon to several after market grips. Is the function/quality difference as great?
I want to get a vertical grip but don't wont to spend a lot if I don't have to.
Thanks in advance, Bernie

I believe the biggest 'problem' with third party grips is that most of the time the aperture/shutter speed wheels are reversed.
Other than that they might be built a little less sturdy than the original MB-D11.
I know there's a few people around here using 3rd party grips who are quite pleased with them.
I myself use the original MB-D11 and I'd definitely buy the original again if I had to.

I've heard the battery latch is the first to break. So far, my $60 unit is still working.

i've used several aftermarket grips with great success

Me too. Just make sure to use oem batteries.

My $30 grip has performed flawlessly! It has even taken several direct hits on the paintball field and never let me down!

Just go nikon. I wouldn't go third party at all. I read that some peoples camera get damaged by them.

Just go nikon. I wouldn't go third party at all. I read that some peoples camera get damaged by them.

How about a link, please..........

480sparky said:
AFAIK, that's all there is right now.

Ohhh ok. I have a d90 and when I used aftermarket batteries, my camera kept shutting off with a low battery warning. Kept oem batteries in- good to go.

I found that in my 3rd part grip, running double A batteries is like marathon mode. I can shoot all day and not get the slight bit of battery loss on the indicator

Ohhh ok. I have a d90 and when I used aftermarket batteries, my camera kept shutting off with a low battery warning. Kept oem batteries in- good to go.

I have two 3rd-party batteries for my D60, but I have yet to see one for the D7000. But I haven't looked lately, either.

ive had my grip that i got off of amazon for about 3 months now and its doing fine so far. no issues what so ever. and for the price i could buy 5 more before i got to the cost of the nikon grip.

480sparky said:
How about a link, please..........

Thanks everyone. The batteries were my next question. Have not looked yet but some of the aftermarket grips are packaged with Nikon batteries according to what I have seen on eBay. And that link would be good too.

480sparky said:
I have two 3rd-party batteries for my D60, but I have yet to see one for the D7000. But I haven't looked lately, either.

Apparently, it was a common issue. There isn't a chip in the battery to communicate with the camera. It happened a few times. Taking pics and all the sudden- camera is off and battery light is flashing lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back