Metz 45CL-1

ilscuro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all, i picked up a Metz 45CL-1 flashgun for next to nothing on Ebay, it charges and fires ok and i've hooked it up to my 400 and 600D via a hotshoe pc sync adaptor, and with some experimenting it seems to work ok, my question is, i know this flashgun is old, but do any members have any experience of using one of these flashguns?

Thanks for looking.

I have one and just this minute bought one for $15 on ebay ..... they a re a work horse..... you will need a shoe adapter to use on your Nikon I think I got my adaptor from Adorama

What a coincidence lol, i'm using mine with a hotshoe adaptor, i've experimented in manual and auto, with good and bad results.

Let me know how you get on with yours mate.

Got at least one of them kicking around in my MF kit; they are indeed good, strong and dependable flashes with a healthy GN. They're best used in manual with modern bodies, as you won't get any TTL functionality, but in many cases, manual flash works better than TTL. Grab a copy of the manual here.

Put it on a stand and set it to auto then set your camera to whatever aperture setting is on the flash, you'll be amazed at how consistent it is.

It may run a little 'hot or cold' (plus or minus the exact f number, and it has to be in range) but it will stay that way. I dislike the term 'Pro' used in photography (pro gear is gear that makes you money) but if there was ever a piece of kit that deserved the title a Metz flash is it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back