Mistaken for a professional?

marmle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This happened to me a long time ago, I'm talking 12 years or so, but I thought I would share it all the same.

I was at a concert and had taken my camera along for the meet and greet and album signing at the end. At the end of the concert I was approached by a man who I think owned the venue (cant remember exact details) and asked if I was a photographer (I was holding a Nikon D80 at the time) I was not sure what to say, so I just stumbled and said, "erm, yeah, kinda" (Well it was true, kinda!) He gave me an email address and asked me to send some pictures to him for his website, so I did. I did not hear back so I guess he was not that impressed.

I suspect you were "mistaken" for a potential source of free images. This is something that happens more and more these days; people see someone with a camera and try and get something for nothing. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he took the images and used them, and didn't bother to respond.

cool story?

had that happen in 2005 in Montana.
Up at Cut Bank old Airport was a car show.
I showed up with my Minolta 7D and was taking pics. Was challenged by a couple of security guards, then when I stopped at the Ford re-vamp of the Pantera, (Ford GT) I took pics.
The Sales rep got my name and e-mail and eventually I sent them to him of the interior.
He did e-mail me back saying he used them on the screenshot of his computer, but I suspect they made posters for bragging rights that they had the car on their showroom.

Yeah, years ago I was taking some shots in Florida while on holiday with my family with a 10D with a speedlght, one guy came running up to me asking if I was a pro as he wanted a shot of his family on the beach and he'd be happy to pay for a few shots. I told him no, I was just an amatuer but if he wanted a shot of him and his family I'd be happy to take a few and e-mail them to him foc if he wanted. Pointed out where I'd be sat with my family and he said he'd be back but never returned. I just assume my broad Scottish accent put him off!

Quite frequently people ask me if I'm a pro, sometimes they ask my mrs but I do carry a lot of gear.

I can't give my **** away

People always mistake me for a professional. Not! Lol

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Cool story!

Last time I went into a skateboard shop the guy thought I was Tony Hawk

Most reactions

Back