mmm... beer...

But I hope you realize that beer photos never use beer. Nobody is going to pour beer after beer and shoot frantically for 25 seconds while the head is still good.

[...]

But personally I would rather drink the beer than waste my time photographing it. :lol:

Oh, trust me - it got drank. :)

I had the glass pre-positioned. Pour beer, take picture, drink beer.

thats awesome. i dont personally think i could have gone through the three step process like that. i would have skipped step 2

BTW, if anyone is interested I'm working on putting together a photo tour of Germany/Belgium/France and their breweries... Will be a 10 day tour so that with travel back and forth to the US, you're looking at a 2 week vacation.

Sounds awesome.

I may catch some flak for this, but, most of the time I prefer English (or even, gasp, American) beers to German (German beers are kinda all the same...).

:drunk:

BTW, if anyone is interested I'm working on putting together a photo tour of Germany/Belgium/France and their breweries... Will be a 10 day tour so that with travel back and forth to the US, you're looking at a 2 week vacation.

Sounds awesome.

I may catch some flak for this, but, most of the time I prefer English (or even, gasp, American) beers to German (German beers are kinda all the same...).

Give me an ice cold Budweiser (in a can) and a shot of Jack Daniels and I am good to go!

If you need a taste tester I would love to help you!!!

Sounds awesome.

Give me an ice cold Budweiser (in a can) and a shot of Jack Daniels and I am good to go!

tequila girl here....lol

I liked the look of the nice,foamy head on shot #3, but I thought the camera was positioned too high. The overflow of the foam onto the paper gave a bit of action, but really the "setting" is just too plain...it's white paper right? It just doesn't feel "real" enough for a complete still life feel.

I also think the mug itself is working against you,especially in shots 1 and 2, where the mug caused light refraction at the bottom let, and also caused some dark,black areas to show. In shot #3, I think it would have been good to use a small reflector taped to the underside of the mug, to get rid of that black bottomed look. Liquor and beverage photography is very difficult, and depends on highlight and reflection control, and also upon a lot of small reflectors hidden behind the glass or bottle,or taped to the bottle or glass itself. But you also need a bit of a scene, like say a tablecloth or a wooden table,and a sandwich or another item to go with the beer; even a bottle cap would add another element. Heck, even the remaining five bottles of beer in their 6-pack cardboard carrier would add another dimension to this shot,even if it were still just shot on seamless.

Oh, trust me - it got drank. :)

I had the glass pre-positioned. Pour beer, take picture, drink beer.

Well I sure hope so. All I meant is that, like bitteraspects, I would have skipped step 2.

And yes, you are going to catch some flak. American beer has gotten a lot better in the last 15 (?) years and we now have some very nice ones. But do not judge foreign beers by what they sell here. It most often has nothing to do with what they sell there. What you buy here is made for our market.

Not to mention that the best beer is always on tap and a lot of european breweries are simply not interested in our tap market. Once you tap a keg it has a fairly short life and most of our bars don't sell enough of those beers. So they would lose like 85% of the keg. Plus we have this nasty habit of serving beer too cold which kills the taste.

If you want to truly experience european beer, go there. Just make sure to not drink and drive. They take it a lot more seriously there. No problem, book a reservation with yours truly. :D

Yes, we do have some very nice ones, especially the new microbrews.

There are a few brew pubs that I have found memories of on the East coast (mostly DE, MD area) that made some exceptional beer too.

Beer that rivals anything else available in the US.

If I ever move back that way, it will be for the beer, lol.

Microbrews is definitely what I was thinking about. Sure not Bud :grumpy:

I don't actually drink much beer anymore so I don't know what is in Texas but I remember excellent beers from all over the country, not just the east coast.

I "learned" to drink in Europe and it kind of killed it for me here. I just cannot stand frozen beer.

We don't have many micro breweries here... Not where I live anyway, I'm sure there are a few In Dallas, but I have not heard of them...

Actually, most of the bars where I live only serve Budweiser and Coors. Pity.
Shiner, a Texan beer, isn't even available in most bars around here...

...I don't go to bars much anymore.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back