Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Seriously, am I the only 25 year old on earth that loves the stuff?

My mom always had really low iron when I was growing up, so we'd somewhat often have liver for dinner. I have never not liked it.

Lately, I've been visiting my gramma in the nursing home on Mondays, and I take her out to eat. We go to this little cafe/diner type place out by the railroad tracks, and we both have the liver and onions....it's so good, I'm CRAVING it right now.

I just DON'T GET why so many people hate it so much?? I think it's delicious!

Well, I'm in central standard time....you're in....I have no idea....split the difference? I'm guessing we'll be in the ocean somewhere....

You are all freaks! :lol:

My wife's family makes a dish every Easter. They don't eat meat from good Friday until Easter morning (I don't understand why they don't consider 'fish' a meat though :scratch: ).

Anyway, the dish they make is just a big pot stirred up with Liver, Kubasa (Ukrainian sausage), ham, eggs and some other meat I'm sure.

That's the only time I eat liver.

Liver, bacon and onions is just so much better.
With gravy, mashed potatoes and peas.

Oooh, that doesn't sound bad!

Kinda off the topic, but I could totally go for some bunya calda (sp?) right now, too.

My ex's family ALWAYS had that at family gatherings, and it was pretty much the only time I ever had it (had it one other time in my life), but it was SOOOO good.

the closest i'll come to liver is in braunschweiger.

remember, their liver wouldn't forgive her

Well, I'm in central standard time....you're in....I have no idea....split the difference? I'm guessing we'll be in the ocean somewhere....

Well it looks like you're GMT-6, I'm GMT+3, so I reckon we need a boat somewhere between mid-Atlantic and the Azores in around 3 hours time. HvR is right about the bacon too - essential component to any good liver and onion dish.

Well, you guys made me hunger.....!!!! I will eat just about anything, once.

Corry: bunya calda.....?????

Liver, bacon and onions is just so much better.
With gravy, mashed potatoes and peas.

This is food of the Gods!

I think somtimes the loathing of the dish stem for some from chilhood memories of having to eat it when the process of cooking it was totally botched. You can seriously mess up this great dish from being ignorant on the proper way to cook it, and also what to serve it with. IMHO Liver nedds to be cooked fast at a hot temp so it's well done on the outside but still juicy within then you need mashed potatoes, onions, peas and gravy and as Hvr mentioned, bacon as the crowning jewel!

not another one of these 'make me hungry' threads

Most reactions

New Topics

Back