Mmmm....Liver n Onions!

Out of six billion and change polled, it would seem that you are the youngest person to like this dish:)

Would it be considered hijacking if I were to move the discussion on to chicken livers at all? I can offer recipes if required...

Do I look like I care if you hijack my thread in any way, shape, or form?

I'm probably the queen of hijacking myself. :p

Yes, Corry, you are.

However......
Liver nedds to be cooked fast at a hot temp so it's well done on the outside but still juicy within then you need mashed potatoes, onions, peas and gravy and as Hvr mentioned, bacon as the crowning jewel!

My wife would drive anywhere to get the above meal.

Do I look like I care if you hijack my thread in any way, shape, or form?

I'm probably the queen of hijacking myself. :p

Right, well I just need to run out and do a quick errand (7th anniversary tomorrow) and then it'll be into the recipe books with me for one of our favourites.

1 tbsp olive oil

a scrap of unsalted butter

2 garlic cloves - finely sliced

a good pinch of each of ground cumin, ground coriander and ground cinnamon

about 250g chicken livers (fresh if possible) - trimmed of all threads and greenish bits

3 tbsp of rice (or cider) vinegar

1 small 'thumb' of root ginger - peeled and grated

a handful of small seedless grapes

a small handful of fresh coriander - leaves chopped

a few handfuls of watercress, baby spinach and rocket

Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high flame. Add the olive oil and butter and, when the fat stops sizzling, throw in the garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes until barely coloured, stirring almost constantly. Still stirring, add the spices and fry them for 1 minute.

Reduce the heat to medium, season the chicken livers and throw them in the pan. Cook the livers for 2-3 minutes, tossing them frequently, until they are crusty outside but still pink in the middle. Scoop them out and keep them warm. Add the vinegar and ginger to the pan and bring to a boil, scraping up all the bits with a wooden spoon. Add the grapes and cook them for 1 minute. Put back the livers and gently stir until everything is piping hot, then stir in the coriander.

Divide the leaves between 2 serving plates, then spoon over the contents of the pan. Eat immediately.

Corry, you know it is not a good sign when the Brits agree with you regarding good food.:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back