modeling . . .

I have only worked with one model and only one time. Before the shoot we talked a great deal about what she wanted. during the shoot I keep talking to her giving her advice on what I thought would look good...
after the shoot she told me that I was the first person to photograph her that way and she realy liked it. she could forget about how to move and where to look and just have fun. I would tell her what I was seeing and what I thought looked good. when I got the photos back she loved them well most of them. If I would work with another model I think I would work the same way but I would also talk to the model frist about how she feels about it.

Hi Cypilk,

I do alot of Nude stuff both in and out of the Studio, As for Flash I never use one in the Studio if you ste you lights then you will have plenty of Lighting. just remember to use a 80b filter this will take care of any Tunguson problems.

Now for what you pay your models, I do both depending on what I'm working on and what they are interested in doing. Most of the time I trade their survices for prints but on rare times I pay a model if I'm in need of something special.

If you are going to shot nudes may I suggest you have a sit down way before you do the shot and go over what you plan on shooting and what the model is Ok with.

As for directions I find if I give my models the simplest istructions then it works the best some of the best shots I have got are from the models ideas as we get into the shot.

Good Luck and remember to have fun that means you and your model

Cheers Crazymainer

I don't think there is any set formula, I wouldn't worry too much. Every shoot will have a different energy between the photographer and the model. I think the photographers instructions will come naturally as you look through the lens , "chin down", "hold that", etc., and are working with whatever that particular model gives you. I think it's definitly a collaborative process and discovery each time you shoot. :camera:

cypilk said:
but then it costs money to develop... print film etc... and both of you guys needed it...so.. did you guys just both pay for your own prints ?...

I was a model for over a year (now I'm on the other side) and I received prints only once. Most models now want digital images in both printable and web sizes. The thing about her moving too fast - its not that fast... its kind of a moooovee. stop... moooovvee.. stop... lol... You'll see..

Just remember- you are in charge.. she can't see in the camera and she knows it.. it is also your responsibility to watch for things like hair out of place and stuff.

It is so much fun shooting with models tho, especially if you get one that is really interested in how well things turn out... then she will be fun to work with. You should check out modelmayhem.com - great resource and doesn't cost anything (unlike omp)

Yep - Any questions just email me

Most reactions

New Topics

Back