Monitor Calibration HELP!!!!

rub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have just calibrated my monito with the Spyder 3 Pro system, and everything is GREEN! I have no idea how to fix this.

After I first ran it, everything was green. I looked online for an answer, and found that I should try reset my monitors default settings (again) and that fixed the problem (so it seemed).

I ran the Calibration test afterwards, and it said that my levels were not acceptable (even though the before & after test reults looked much better, so I recal'd and its green again!

I have tried with both a 5800 and 6500k white point, different gamma settings (1.8-2.2 I believe) and with compensation for amient light both on and off.

If anyone can help, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Is the Spyder new? Could it be broken? Are you already running Adobe Gamma Loader (check startup folder).. I am just stabbing in the dark here.. good luck. -S

its new - I will check the Adobe Gamma Loader

Even new equipment can be bad,.. so if the unit has not calibrated any monitors successfully don't rule it out.

Don't know if the Adobe Gamma Loader is a problem, but worth trying with it off if nothing else is working.

Can you check the Spyder on another monitor to verify it's working correcly? As Ls3D said, even new gear can have issues. Are you using an LCD or CRT monitor?

LCD. Itsthe only monitor I have. I called support, andthey suggested I runt he undated version. So I did, and the green is gone. But I cannot see even the tiniest bit of difference from before I callibrated...

Are you switching between the uncalibrated views at the end of the process? When you reboot, there's usually a few seconds where your desktop image is displayed before the Spyder colour profile is loaded, and your seeing no difference there?

Sounds to me like now the gamma profile isn't being loaded into the videocard lookup table. In fact the entire mess sounds like a software problem at the moment. Which software are you using? Which operating system (vista will for instance clobber your calibration settings when the UAC pops up). On a windows system, what software are you using to load your curves since this is not done automatically. Check the start-up folder in the programs for this. You should only have 1, and not adobe gamma loader.

on the subject of user account control you can safly turn that feature off!
just go to your account control section (where you set your password) and the option is in the list.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back