More Freakin' Flowers-Help me choose

JMD

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A house that I stay at for vacations has beautiful hydrangreas and the owner saw me with my camera and asked me to take some pictures of them for her. Considering we stay there for free I was happy to try my best. I would like to print at least one of these up and frame it for her but I am having a hard time picking one. What do you all think? Tell me which ones you like and which ones are a definite no. And please feel free to make any adjustments you see fit to them and any comments and critiques.
Thanks for your help.
Justin
(sorry for having so many)
DSC_1334.jpg

DSC_1332.jpg

DSC_1328.jpg

DSC_1319.jpg

DSC_1307.jpg

DSC_1302.jpg

DSC_1299.jpg

DSC_12781.jpg

i dont think any are really no-no.

i think 3 would be nicest framed picture over all.

Honestly I think it would have been better (for the at least) to give the flowers some context. Just a close-up of the shrub itself says nthing about the place you are staying it might have been better to ty and show some of the place in the background or at least show some part of the place that can give you some context.

Honestly I think it would have been better (for the at least) to give the flowers some context. Just a close-up of the shrub itself says nthing about the place you are staying it might have been better to ty and show some of the place in the background or at least show some part of the place that can give you some context.

I appreciate what you are saying there but I had two reasons why I left out the house. The first (and something I probably should have mentioned before) is that the owner has a theme of hydrengreas throughout the house and I would prefer the picture to fit in with those. Second, because the picture would be (assuming she likes it) hung up in the house I thought it would be strange to have a picture of the house in the house (I hope that made sense).
The good news is I'll be back there this weekend, the bad news is the flowers might not be.

Again thanks for help and I think what I struggled most with was trying to take a shrub and make it into a nice photo. That's why I tried playing with the sunlight and incorporating the fence into some of them.

Justin

#8 maybe.

All the rest need cropping and processing. However if you processed and cropped some of the others there are some potentially good shots there.

yea .. i thought 8 is a bit 'poster' whereas a couple of the others have 'sentimental' context..you know.. 'a place that is home'.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back