More from Japan...C&C appreciated

Moe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some more from the trip...

3069873678_d18bdb3940_o.jpg

2. A geisha walking through the street. Not easy for me to get a good photo of them without feeling too rude (which didn't bother some people).

3069036229_8ab2bc7854_o.jpg

3. After seeing EVERYONE stuff camera's in their faces, I figured, "when in Rome." I felt like a paparazzo.

3069035923_706aee38d7_o.jpg

3069872996_6d2bfe34cb_o.jpg

3069871724_71f2521dfb_o.jpg

Thanks!

nice shots. train stations are always interesting for some reason

I really like #1, the black and white was a nice touch for that picture.

I wish I could give more details, but I think it was some sort of prayer board. People would put money in a slot, then read the paper. I'm not sure how they decided which prayer to pick. They then tied the prayer to a tree branch. I took a few pics of this, but I'm at work right now so I'll post them later.

Geisha's are real? Who knew.... I thought they were only in the movies.. God, I live a sheltered life!

Geisha's are real? Who knew.... I thought they were only in the movies.. God, I live a sheltered life!

They are real, and very well respected.

I wish I could give more details, but I think it was some sort of prayer board. People would put money in a slot, then read the paper. I'm not sure how they decided which prayer to pick. They then tied the prayer to a tree branch. I took a few pics of this, but I'm at work right now so I'll post them later.

That is exactly what it is although they need not necessarily be tied to a tree.

Seriously?

Seriously?

Sadly, yes. I was under the impression that they were like clowns-went to wherever they were performing and got all dressed up, performed, then washed it all off and back to normal. I honestly thought they were imitating the past as part of an act.

They are real, and very well respected.

From what I understand from talking to co-workers and such, respect, in general, is very well respected in Japan. One guy told me that teachers are so well respected in Japan that kids bow to them if they see them on the weekends or otherwise out and about, because they know how important they are to their society.. Maybe we Americans could learn a thing or two from them-some here don't seem to respect anyone or anything, especially the young-uns.

I'd love to have a camera in Japan and be all touristy. A buddy of mine married a Japanese woman. I asked him goods and bads about Japan, and he sad the worst thing was, being a taller man, trying to avoid the points of the umbrellas in the eye in that short society... I thought that was funny.

Most reactions

Back