More From today

Don't take it all too much to heart. Read stuff about rule of thirds, composition etc.. then look at hundreds of pictures and notice what critique has been given to the photographer regarding said photos.

Then try to remember all that + all of the different camera settings effects on the end result, and practise till you're perfect.

I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm still absolutely ****. Not that that helps or anything...

ANDS!, would it be better to say the image is boring and has no impact?
Does a good image have a subject that is easily confused with the background?
ANDS! What makes a good image good, and a bad image bad? Is it really all just subjective? Is this image really awesome but others like me just can't see it's awesomeness?

I would rather someone tell me that, instead of just dismissing it out of hand as a snapshot. I mean I see all the time perfectly composed shots that have half the emotion behind these so-called "snaps".

As for what makes a good shot good - sure. . .I can look at those and say, "Eh - those aren't too hot." But on the same token, the OP got this camera for Christmas yes? I think its assumed that the shots aren't going to be that great if theyve never handled a camera before.

I got a camera for christmas, are you going to assume that I never handled one before? The OP said nothing to that effect.

And you are right about the "shots that have half the emotion." :thumbup:

I would rather someone tell me that, instead of just dismissing it out of hand as a snapshot. I mean I see all the time perfectly composed shots that have half the emotion behind these so-called "snaps".

Um, that shot was not well composed. There isn't any emotion to it. It wasn't thought out. It was a cute looking snapshot. That's all. Bland and not very sharp. Tail and feet cut off. Colors blending from the background to the subject.

I got a camera for christmas, are you going to assume that I never handled one before? The OP said nothing to that effect.

sorry i didnt mention that in this thread but i did in the other yes this is the first camera besides our pinhole cameras at school

non related well kinda related i want to change my sig so that people know hat i have available to me, how do i do so?

He or she said it was their 2nd day shooting with their first camera. . .ever. Is it possible they got it coincidentally on the same day as Christmas - sure. Stranger things have happened.

Um, that shot was not well composed. There isn't any emotion to it. It wasn't thought out. It was a cute looking snapshot. That's all. Bland and not very sharp. Tail and feet cut off. Colors blending from the background to the subject.

Sure. But there are better ways of communicating this. Or are you just commenting for the sake of commenting? Your post is all bang-bang-critique; instead of "This is bad. . .now heres how you correct it."

non related well kinda related i want to change my sig so that people know hat i have available to me, how do i do so?

You mean a link....like mine?

{url=http://www.YourWebsite.com]The Text Right Here[/url}

....just replace the { } to [ ] and edit the www part and the "The Text...." stuff.

Sure. But there are better ways of communicating this. Or are you just commenting for the sake of commenting? Your post is all bang-bang-critique; instead of "This is bad. . .now heres how you correct it."

Perhaps you missed the part where I said, and I quote...

not very clear, not very well composed.

Should I have linked to the dictionary definitions of "clear" and "composition" with my reply?

You mean a link....like mine?

{url=http://www.YourWebsite.com]The Text Right Here[/url}

....just replace the { } to [ ] and edit the www part and the "The Text...." stuff.

umm no like RekD has my stuff: and then listed how do u do that?

Theres a gray bar at the top of the page with a link to "User CP", go there and then find "edit signature".

Perhaps you missed the part where I said, and I quote...

My bad. I totally passed over the (to the OP) vague and non-substantive comments. Whew. Thank you for clearing that up for myself and the OP. Carry on Canon Soldier!

Most reactions

Back