Most sold print C&C

Karen_esmerelda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.karenwinterphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So this is the photo I sell the most of. I would love to hear your thoughts on it. I also had a thought about it that I would love comments on. I was thinking about doing a second copy of it turn the photo into portrait and change the rock color to red. If you look at it just right it can look like a person and the rock a heart.

BlueRockUT.jpg

Honestly this is not my favorite photo but I wont argue with sales.

I like the idea of making the rock red, it will stand out more, and i see the person, but you'll probably want to rotate the picture to the left if you're going to do that.

Also, where are you selling this?

Ins-Thank you for the feedback. I figured I would turn it and all that. It really amazes me that people are so drawn to this one and I figure since they like it I will see if I can add to it.

In terms of sales I have my website and then I actually carry around a huge pita printer and anybody who I meet that finds out I'm a photographer gets to see my portfolio. I put my work up in galleries. Honestly I will pimp my photos out to anyone who will listen. I put thank yous for waitresses on the back of my business cards and will hang those up at every public bulletin board that I see.

jlykins-My curiosity is more to why people like it so much. I took the photo as a snapshot of something interesting and it seems to move people. I am really just wanting to know what other photographers think of it.

The red looks unnatural to me. I like the rotation of the image but the red is bleeding onto the sand. Here is a quicky five minute edit. Used two layers one original and one that I did a curves adjustment on the one and removed all but the red. with the second layer I erased the blue rock to reveal the red rock underneath. You could play with and adjust the amount of red or intensity of the red to your desire as this was just a quick edit I just left it full strength.

3251776172_15a2f5bca9_o.jpg

thank you for the input. Honestly I have yet to figure out the layers when editing. Up til now i get frustrated and quit. I like the change and your edit really shows how it could look. I have to pull the original to get everything the way I want it. My edit was a really quick one just for a basic idea. I will get it to look the way I want it will just take some working on. It amazing me how different yours looks from the original with the blue rock. Side note...the rock was actually that color so I just did a focal black & white.

I am still curious about what people think on the overall image. Maybe I should see if they will move the thread to photography discussions.

Here Ya Go! I also omitted the little hole above It's head :lol:

3251984076_494f3b619f.jpg

To be honest, I like the original layout a whole lot better than it being upright with a red rock. It just doesn't look right to me that way.
I really like the original horizontal position with the blue rock.

This is funny as I read about "the person" and looked and looked and thought, "huh?"

Then the edit was posted and BAM, there's the person! :D

yea, i really dont like the edits. the original looks much better to me.. i'm interested to know what "most sold" means.. how many of this image have you sold???

Most reactions

New Topics

Back