Movie Review: The A-Team

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I never got into the original show so I don't get all the references, but the movie was better than I expected. Probably not worth the price of admission to a theater, but was a fun action movie if you're into that kind of thing.

If they had put anyone else into George Peppard's role I'd have likely been all "Eh, yeah, whatever..." but Liam Neeson? I do think that maybe that bit of casting was probably brilliant and it's on my list of movies to see. I'm a fan of the original show though, 80's kid, and they'll have to do a lot to impress me.

I'm not fond on remakes since they always do it wrong but may check this one

Carnahan, his talented production team, and most of his cast have worked together to create an old-fashioned summer action movie. It's nowhere near an "A," but it easily deserves a passing grade. That A-Team succeeds is a credit to the clear, fluid editing and to the light touch Carnahan supplies.

you know Dmitri, you could save yourself a fortune if you stopped going to see all these movies which you never seem to like.

you know Dmitri, you could save yourself a fortune if you stopped going to see all these movies which you never seem to like.

I've liked movies I've seen lol.
These three that the really bad advertisement/plagiarism bot replied to just happened to be 'bad', thought to be fair both this and the Book of Eli I had good things to say about.

The A-Team was an excellent tribute to the original television series. Where it differed... and therefore improved... was the fact that when someone aimed a gun at someone and pulled the trigger, a bullet came out and killed them. I don't think a single person was killed in the series... even after hundreds of thousands of fired rounds.

Casting was top notch, except for the major flaw in the film. Liam FRAKKING Neeson. I simply cannot accept him in an action hero role, whether here or in Taken. The legendary British reserve fails in that unless you're James Bond.

Really? I was surprised that I liked Neeson here. I'm with you about him in an action role (I didn't like him in Taken either), but I thought he did well here.

And excellent point about showing the reality of violence in this film. I didn't think of that in relation to the usual 80's film and TV show.

He's a good actor and that overcomes a lot... but I picture him in a smoking jacket discussing Kafka more than firing an M4A1 rifle.

lol... let's be honest about this. I doubt the writers, producers, and director spent as much time discussing the plot or casting of this crappy movie as you two are doing here.

... and what's this about the "reality of violence"? Jeez... it's The A Team!

As for Liam Neeson, he had a Lightsabre and lived in space in Star Wars. Surely picturing him with a mere M4A1 and living in a van with 3 other men is not beyond the realm of you imagination.

*EDIT*

PS. that is probably the closest in proximity that the word "Kafka" and the word "A-Team" have ever been, in the history of language and the written word. So well done for that at least. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I know that the film has rolled in development hell for a while, so congratulations to Carnaghan to dig it up, stick with it and give it a bump needed renaissance. If they were to set up a sequel, he could probably count on my support.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back