Music Genres?

I like rap. Not so much the new stuff that's out there but the old school stuff like Eric B/Rakim and Grandmaster Flash. I'm also a huge fan of 80's and 90's heavy metal and hard rock.

Well, classical, romantic, baroque music is definitely on the top of my list of best liked and most heard.

But I also like other kinds of music, few of which is up-to-date, since I am too old for that. It does not reach me any longer.

But I am still a big fan of Queen, Genesis, Deep Purple... just to name a few from way back then.

I listen to it all.

Classical, baroque (good taste LaFoto!), British rock, grunge, indie rock, a little hip-hop, old country, classic rock, jazz, etc.

Favorite groups:
Radiohead
Pearl Jam
Mother Love Bone
Modest Mouse
Ella Fitzgerald
Barenaked Ladies
Frank Sinatra
Jamie Cullum
Michael Buble
Enya
The Chieftains
Phil Kieaggy
The Beatles
Soundgarden
The Black Eyed Peas
Elton John
Dave Matthews Band

I can't stand a few of Tool's lyrics, but the music is absolutely phenominal.
Lateralis=:hail:

In fact, I'm going to listen to it right now :D

EVERYONES CHOICE HERE SUCKS!!!

Your musical taste clearly defines who you are. And you're clearly all unfortunate souls.

The only music that anyone should listen to is RAVE!!!!

acff26eee23046fe5b6f0512ced2920c-180.jpg

I mostly listen to metal....

Spineshank
Ill Nino
Slipknot
American Head Charge
Gizmachi
Marilyn Manson
Avenged Sevenfold
and many, many others...

I seem to dig a new artist every week (currently Silversun Pickups, great group), it's like crack. I personally think the best radio station out there is KEXP out of Seattle (listener powered, but they're huge and worldwide), especially John in the Morning. Cracks me up that Arcade Fire was just nominated for 2 grammy's....I tend to not like a band as much when they sign a big record deal, most of the time their sound changes.

Whoops, never answered the question...I used to say eclectic, but there's always someone that puts my music collection to shame (around 9,000 songs now...and yes, I do listen to all of them).

Verbal said:
I listen to it all.

Classical, baroque (good taste LaFoto!), British rock, grunge, indie rock, a little hip-hop, old country, classic rock, jazz, etc.

Favorite groups:
Radiohead
Pearl Jam
Mother Love Bone
Modest Mouse
Ella Fitzgerald
Barenaked Ladies*
Frank Sinatra
Jamie Cullum
Michael Buble
Enya**
The Chieftains
Phil Kieaggy
The Beatles***
Soundgarden
The Black Eyed Peas
Elton John****
Dave Matthews Band

*The Barenake Ladies ROCK! Need I say more? Gordon is my favourite album. I like some of their new stuff, but I like the oldies...

**Enya?? You sure man? ;)

***The Beatles are my other favourite band. I have their second anthology, lots of good, lesser known stuff.

****My parents being Elton John nerds, I've grown up on his stuff. I've always liked his flair and skill. Not AS gay as Liberace, but close :er:

Matty-Bass said:
*The Barenake Ladies ROCK! Need I say more? Gordon is my favourite album. I like some of their new stuff, but I like the oldies...

**Enya?? You sure man? ;)

***The Beatles are my other favourite band. I have their second anthology, lots of good, lesser known stuff.

****My parents being Elton John nerds, I've grown up on his stuff. I've always liked his flair and skill. Not AS gay as Liberace, but close :er:

Yes they do, and that is a good album.

And yes, I am bloody sure... she's fabulous, and I have a thing for Celtic music.

The Beatles are also one of my all-time favorites, they're inspiring.

And I think having Elton John getting married to a dude makes him gayer than Liberace. ;)

Classical, 20s, 30s. Personally not the largest fan of 'today' music, I just have it stuck in my mind that most artists are no longer original in their lyrics or music style *shrug*. I do not know my favourite band/composers names from the top of my head but here are a few mentioned that I can agree with!

The Beatles
Benny Goodman
Bing Crosby :)D)
Josh Groban (meh.. heard a little too much of it by now, but I will still put him on the list)
Enya (.. but for the record.. I didn't say that)

Most reactions

Back