My 3 Year Old Model...C&C Please!

DavidSR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

These aren't the best, but I would like to start getting paid for doing this some time and would like all the C&C I could get. I know I cut off his legs, but with as fast as he moves..I don't have much time to compose my shots.

Thanks for looking!

p137080374-4.jpg

p279297512-4.jpg

p1011023356-4.jpg

In photo#1, it gave me a feelings of he will fall out of the photo as the horizon seem to be not level.

In photo#1, it gave me a feelings of he will fall out of the photo as the horizon seem to be not level.

That was the 1st thing I did to that photo. Try to straighten it!!! Any other ways of fixing that? I used the measure tool and image - rotate canvase - arbitrary. I used one of the train tracks when I did this.

#3 is the best one so far, but, i thinks it would be better if you avoid chopping some body parts as you can see on the 3 pictures.

Thanks for the comment! Sometimes it's so frustrating when I take him out with the intent of shooting. He moves around so much and is never cooperative lol :)

I LOVE #1. This is one of my favorite kid portraits ever! I think b/c of the setting...so 'boy' like. It would be better if you didn't cut his legs...next time offer him ice-cream if he stays still ;).

#3 has a weird color tint to it, I also don't like seeing the wall he's sitting on. Kinda looks unsafe LOL. I also like #2 except for you cut off his left side :( Cute kid!

I tried straightening it. I used the horizon, the tracks are somewhat angled (on a hill maybe?) so using them is difficult. Can you even tell I straightened it? It moved it like .83 degrees.
3099725127_991f0316f4_o.jpg

I LOVE #1. This is one of my favorite kid portraits ever! I think b/c of the setting...so 'boy' like. It would be better if you didn't cut his legs...next time offer him ice-cream if he stays still ;).

#3 has a weird color tint to it, I also don't like seeing the wall he's sitting on. Kinda looks unsafe LOL. I also like #2 except for you cut off his left side :( Cute kid!

I tried straightening it. I used the horizon, the tracks are somewhat angled (on a hill maybe?) so using them is difficult. Can you even tell I straightened it? It moved it like .83 degrees.
3099725127_991f0316f4_o.jpg

Thanks so much for the kind words!! You can barely tell it was straightened, but every little bit helps :)..what method did you use to try and straighten it? He wasn't sitting on a wall in #2..it was a very small ledge..his feet were about 5 inches off the ground lol.

On #3..I think the color on his face is due to the saturation and contrast increase. I'll go back and try to tone it down or put a layer mask on his face.

I actually prefer it NOT straightened... but to each their own. #1 is my favorite, but you have some harsh shadows on the face. Are you using any reflective surface? You could try bouncing light back up at him. White poster board works fine as a cheap alternative to fancy made-for-photography reflectors.

p137080374-5.jpg

here my attempt at staitening it.

The only thing I'm using for fill is my Vivitar flash. If you look carefully you can see a very small catchlight of my flash in his eyes :). It was just me and him so I had no way of holding a reflector even if I had one..unless I just laid it on the ground ;). I have no idea what this would have looked like without flash, but the shadows might have been more harsh.

Thanks for the comment!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back