my car c&c

twinturbov6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've been at it for a week long trying to learn as much as possible before I start classes...first two no touch ups, 3rd pic had some photoshop fun

$DSC_0279.jpg$DSC_0298.jpg$DSC_0300-001.JPG

Nice car! But other than that, the pictures say nothing to me... It's pointless (I think) to enumerate the issues with each photo, I'd rather tell you to go see some automotive photography, do it again several times until you get something YOU know it's better, and then post pictures of your car again and we'll start from there :)

Please don't take it the wrong way as I'm trying to give you constructive criticism which you actually asked for, so just accept the defeat and go do it again... at least, that's what I do ;)

Nice car! But other than that, the pictures say nothing to me... It's pointless (I think) to enumerate the issues with each photo, I'd rather tell you to go see some automotive photography, do it again several times until you get something YOU know it's better, and then post pictures of your car again and we'll start from there :)

Please don't take it the wrong way as I'm trying to give you constructive criticism which you actually asked for, so just accept the defeat and go do it again... at least, that's what I do ;)

Haha, thank you for the feedback like I asked for... didn't take it the "wrong way" at all. I don't think its "defeat" since I'm new, learning, and this is a fun hobby I just started

Haha, thank you for the feedback like I asked for... didn't take it the "wrong way" at all. I don't think its "defeat" since I'm new, learning, and this is a fun hobby I just started

Just wanted to say "yay" for not getting butthurt.

No, I have nothing useful to say, other than I like you having a great attitude towards feedback. ;-)

I'm new to this myself, but maybe I can input. I at least have a decent sense of aesthetics from photoshop experience I guess.

I don't know much about automotive photography, heck I don't think I've ever taken a picture of a car, but I'll give some tips.

Overall, like LizardKing seemed to suggest, it helps to start off by thinking "what can I communicate with this photo?" It might seem silly sometimes to think this way, but it's helped me a lot recently to differentiate my "snapshots" from my "real" shots.

Shot #1: Composition seems... off.(are you familiar with the rule of thirds, btw?) The eyes aren't really guided anywhere. Think, what should I be looking at here? Perhaps aiming a little lower and angling yourself slightly more perpendicular with the dashboard would have helped position things a bit more interestingly, as well as making the blown-out windows less noticeable.

Shot #2: Easily my favorite. Give the car a bit of character. Since there's not much color to go around, this photo might be a cool contender for B&W imo.

Shot #3: This is a case where less is more, something that I learned from lots of Photoshop experience. Probably would have looked better with no PS. Too contrasty, colors falsely vibrant. Remember that edit's should add something to your photo. The composition seems off to me here as well though, the car is both a little too low and off center horizontally, nor is it framed off center enough to make it interesting.

Thanks for sharing! It's good that you're being a good sport(and again I'm just starting too!). We can learn a lot from people who know more!

So glad you took it positively :)
Maybe 'defeat' wasn't the best word to use, but sometimes it's hard for me to find the right word in english to express what I'm trying to say. My apologies for this.

I only have a couple of years in photography and taking this as a hobby in an amateur way, too. At least for now. So, sometimes I go out to take pictures somewhere and don't end up having the results I was looking for, or just get photos that doesn't say much or aren't properly exposed, or are just mere snapshots w/o an idea or message behind... It just happens, and I try to think what went wrong, do some research and go out to do it again... and hopefully better this time :)

That was pretty much what I was trying to say.
Have a nice day!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back