My D7100 is a lemon and Cameta Camera has amazing customer service!

At least you know your sanity is fine versus that camera

Fwiw I orefer my d7000 for sports than my d600 for the extra reach
So I assume the same for you with birding and a crop sensor

At lesst I know my purchsse from cameta is well backed with their service support

Just another instance of dealers taking a bullet for Nikon's near-total indifference toward defects. Glad they stepped up.

The other thing to is knowing you have 1/8000 second shutter you need you got it with the d600 no chance.Some people need 5000 but nope not the D600 for that matter not canon 6D.
what are people using such a high shutter for and in what conditions? I cant think of a reason and haven't had too. I am wondering how high the iso goes in most conditions with such a high shutter.

That's good. Maybe try another d7100?
I'd definitely try another D7100.
That's my plan. I guess I will just pick up a new one from cameta. It will cost $200 essentially... Just wasn't really planning on it. I really mulled over D600, D800, D3 (used) and the D7100 if it is working correctly really is my best option..

sssssssssssssssony
Huh? For why?

The guy just loves to bash Nikon and SLR's in general !!!!!!

Last edited:
He is pissed he bought a Sony instead of a Nikon and wants to suck in more people to buy Sony.

It's really cool that a store would refund the purchase amount of the camera after 5 months and you don't see it often.

The other thing to is knowing you have 1/8000 second shutter you need you got it with the d600 no chance.Some people need 5000 but nope not the D600 for that matter not canon 6D.
what are people using such a high shutter for and in what conditions? I cant think of a reason and haven't had too. I am wondering how high the iso goes in most conditions with such a high shutter.

bright sunshine.

I've had to use 1/8000 ISO 100 on my d7000 on bright super sunny days.

Well I decided to give another d7100 a shot... Ordered a refurb from B&H with an 18-140 for fun...

It would stretch me out more than I really want to go, I would have to cancel my pre-order on the Tamron 150-600, which might be ok. The only real drawback is speed.. I can't seem to find the buffer size in compressed 12 bit raw 1.2 crop mode? Does anyone have a link to the chart?

Looks like 6fps with battery grip. Found this with a quick google search "D800 DX FPS":

http://www.borrowlenses.com/blog/2013/03/shooting-fast-action-with-a-d800e/

Personally I would forgo the lens, for the moment, and get the D800... But I don't shoot birds with cameras :p

It would stretch me out more than I really want to go, I would have to cancel my pre-order on the Tamron 150-600, which might be ok. The only real drawback is speed.. I can't seem to find the buffer size in compressed 12 bit raw 1.2 crop mode? Does anyone have a link to the chart?

Looks like 6fps with battery grip. Found this with a quick google search "D800 DX FPS":

Blog @ BorrowLenses

Personally I would forgo the lens, for the moment, and get the D800... But I don't shoot birds with cameras :p

Yup. It really does make the decision tougher when you shoot birdies, and then there is the extra cost of full frame and deciding if it's worth it or not. DARN!

Well I decided to give another d7100 a shot... Ordered a refurb from B&H with an 18-140 for fun...

Sweet! that almost guarantee's the D9300 will show up soon!! :)

I truly hope your new D7100 works better for you... I've found the AF performance on mine to be amazing. I'm on my 2nd year of shooting spring 'indoor' youth football (@ 9:30pm in the local universities indoor field house) and i'm still surprised how fast and accurate it can AF in that dark building.

As Bullwinkle would say "This time, for sure!!"

So the refurb showed up today. I really didnt have any time to fully test it out.. shutter count was 2! That includes the picture I took... :) Anyways it feels like a completely different camera.. AF is much much better in my limited testing and even the shutter sounds quieter and different...

So the refurb showed up today. I really didnt have any time to fully test it out.. shutter count was 2! That includes the picture I took... :) Anyways it feels like a completely different camera.. AF is much much better in my limited testing and even the shutter sounds quieter and different...

kewl beans !!
:thumbup:

Congrats, looking forward to seeing some new pictures :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back