My film gear

I don't want to drift into film v. digital, but the handful of digital camera I've owned have all died at some point or another, causing my to 'upgrade' rather than me upgrading by choice. I'd be surprised if they last all that long to be quite honest - they are completely electronic instruments after all...

- Randy

P.S. Hoss, we've got more (topic) drift in this thread than the Gulf Stream

Last edited:
you're missing the point... I wanted to sell my dads crap on ebay and buy new crap. unfortunately for me, I'm going to have to work for this crap.:(

I'm envious of all of you who can fit everything onto a table, I have an entire room and it still spills over into the living room. Then again, once you use a 20x24 camera, everything else seems so small and portable. ;)

I'm envious of all of you who can fit everything onto a table, I have an entire room and it still spills over into the living room. Then again, once you use a 20x24 camera, everything else seems so small and portable. ;)
I'd be glad to help you with that. PM me if you need an address to unload it to. I'll even pay shipping. ;)

you're missing the point... I wanted to sell my dads crap on ebay and buy new crap. unfortunately for me, I'm going to have to work for this crap.:(

Nah, keep the "old crap", and buy the new "crap". You won't get enough from your film camera stuff, to offset the cost of a serious digital, plus the outrageous costs of replacing all of those lenses with quality new lenses for digital. I own a bunch of Canon Lenses, which are mint, but I thought that back in the day they were expensive. To get quality Canon/Nikon, whatever, digital lenses gives me "sticker shock" to the point of a panic attack.:lol:

I can see your point for possibly going with all digital, most people are these day's, but you might regret selling the nice Canon film stuff, down the road, if the film "bug" ever hit's you again.

J.:mrgreen:

You should definitely go digital!

Save your pennies and get the Epson v750. :)

If you just have the film developed and scan it yourself you can still post process in digital and upload what ever you like for printing.

If you think that you need to get better as a photographer and that digital is the only way to go, keep a journal.

Do it this way and you can have a first rate kit and still save thousands of dollars. -had I only known a few years ago that shiny new... :/

I agree with Compur, but you know what I've begun to see of late? I've begun to see what looks like a bottoming out of prices for a lot of film gear and even a rise in prices with some items, especially old manual mechanical SLRs -- like Canon F-1s and Nikon F2s -- and most especially with cool old MF lenses that can be used on DSLRs with adapters. Some of the latter have actually taken off in value as the word has gotten out. Check out what some of the more desirable old M42 Takumars are going for these days.

So, all I'm saying is, don't expect the deals you're seeing today to last forever.

:lmao:
3784493971_853408f11a_b.jpg

It's fun to use this stuff every now and again!
:lmao:
Whatchutalkinboutwillis?

I've got 3 AE-1's and 2 A1's, and a bunch o' lenses, all cannon fd glass.
Use it every day.

In all seriousness, I love my film camera's, and if it wasn't for the damned convienience of digital, I wouldn't have bothered buying one.:lol:

Anyway, you're not alone in the "analog" world.

One of these day's I'll post a picture of my Canon and Nikon's and lenses.

Until then, have fun....

J.:mrgreen:

Lol, that's nothin, this is just a small sampeling of my Canon gear
100_4608_5_2-1.jpg

and Yes the Canon equipment is my daily driver, I also have some Nikon, Minolta, Olympus, and many more.

so cool...I like them.!

Oh man did I ever dream of that bellows when I was younger. The cost was way too high back then, but now they can be had easily...

- Randy
You can say that again. I picked up the Nikon version (Nikon F PB-5) for $10 at a church garage sale this past summer. It's in the original box, with instructions and the slide holder, in mint condition like it's never been used. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back