my first brown creeper..

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
not in love with how these photos turned out.. could not quite get a edit i like but here they are.. it was out on a tree in the yard the other day..

looking at them just now i am think maybe the white balance was off on these. they look a little blue, maybe that is the problem..

it also looks like the lens missed focus. i do allot of shooting with the 51 point auto focus. usually it hits focus right on the bird but this time it looks like it put the focus on the tree in front of the bird.. guess you cant win them all. its allot easier to get birds in flight with the 51 point focus system or i would just stick to single point auto focus.. but most of the time it get focus where i want it with the 51 points...

And if anyone is interested i made a bird and wilflife group on facebook.. feel free to join and post your photos... facebook.com/groups/qualitybirdandwildlifephotos

20160414-DSC_7698.jpg
20160414-DSC_7699.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool! I just joined your group as well.

facebook.com/groups/qualitybirdandwildlifephotos

First off the second set is quite nice. People don't realize just how tiny these suckers are and how well camouflaged! ;)
As to the focus thing. Remember that autofocus relies/needs contrast and lines, but a jumble such as the bark of a tree plus a cammy'd bird is sometimes to much of a challenge to place on multi-point AF... That is why in those and dark situations I always use single/spot focus using the center spot (which is the most sensitive).

...and joined your FB group as well. hope it works

thanks guys..

i am part of a few ohio bird groups on facebook but they have too many rules and regulations. they want times and dates and place taken and all that.. once i mentioned i was trying to get a photo of a screech owl and when i stepped on a stick it got scared and went back in the hole. some one called the park and report me for harassing the owl.. and said i traumatized it for life since the bird was scard back into the hole.. or something along the lines of that.. that particular group is run by the koffmans that make the field guides.. great group over all but people get a little crazy there, i see the same kind of things in the other groups at times..

i just wanted to make a laid back group where people can share their photos or people can come to check out the photos.. i am sure there area already some groups like that but i just figured i would make my own instead of trying to find one..

when i found that brown creeper all the sudden i saw him and than he was gone. could not have switched settings if i wanted to, it was tiny, camouflaged, small, and hard to see. i am pretty lucky i got off a couple shots of him and they turned out descent..

thanks guys..

i am part of a few ohio bird groups on facebook but they have too many rules and regulations. they want times and dates and place taken and all that.. once i mentioned i was trying to get a photo of a screech owl and when i stepped on a stick it got scared and went back in the hole. some one called the park and report me for harassing the owl.. and said i traumatized it for life since the bird was scard back into the hole.. or something along the lines of that.. that particular group is run by the koffmans that make the field guides.. great group over all but people get a little crazy there, i see the same kind of things in the other groups at times..

i just wanted to make a laid back group where people can share their photos or people can come to check out the photos.. i am sure there area already some groups like that but i just figured i would make my own instead of trying to find one..

when i found that brown creeper all the sudden i saw him and than he was gone. could not have switched settings if i wanted to, it was tiny, camouflaged, small, and hard to see. i am pretty lucky i got off a couple shots of him and they turned out descent..

Last year or so I steer completely away from 'birders' especially ones who call themselves 'citizen scientists' they are nothing more than American versions of batty Brits with butterfly nets! :eek:

thanks guys..

Last year or so I steer completely away from 'birders' especially ones who call themselves 'citizen scientists' they are nothing more than American versions of batty Brits with butterfly nets! :eek:

lol.. the few people i know well that are into birding, i would say most of them are more photographers than birders i guess. the one guy i know is a pretty hard core birder though but he is a cool guy.. some of the other hardcore birders i have met over the years or run into while i was out shooting. some of them were super rude and nasty.. the one guy was pissed that i was also out shooting photos in the same place he was, i see allot of them get their panties in a bunch over next to nothing one some of the faebook groups..

the one group actually mentions do not post photos from places where rival birding gangs may meet and throw down.. i am just like man, just take your photos, try to get along with and be nice to people.. seems like there are lots of crazy people in the bunch.. i have also met allot of really cool people too while i was out shooting so i guess its the same with everything.. there are good ones and bad ones in every bunch.. i remember one lady asked me what kind of camera i had. and than the got this evil smerk and said you should have got a real camera, a canon or something like that.

i got my start because i got a camera went to a park, i saw a red winged black bird and though it looked kind of cool. i tried to get some photos of it and had allot of fun trying to get those photos.. where i lived at the time we were on allot of land. i also remember finding insects, butter flys, dragon flys, and you may see a fox or goat or who knows what come threw the yard here and there,, i just had more fun trying to take wildlife type photos than anything else. once i finally got a good lens for that type of thing i realized i was good at it and i enjoyed it..

2nd set looks pretty good! Off to find your facebook group.

thanks.. cool, looks like that link did not show up as a link but you can still copy and paste that to find the group easily..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back