My First Camera!

KiwiShot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Buying my first SLR camera, well, digital SLR. I took a photography course last year and really got into it, but haven't done any work with SLR's since. So I'm buying the Nikon D60 with the 18-55mm and 55-200mm vibration-reduction lenses. I was suggested this camera along with a few others from members of this forum and another one not photography based, so I looked into it and compared it with other versions but decided this was the best for me.

So I've managed to get the parents to pay for most of it, and hopefully I'll get them to go with me to a (ironically) Canon shop which had a Nikon D60 in the front window for $1300NZD, although it only says "plus 2 lenses" on the description, and I didn't go in to speak with the people, but I checked it against 10 or so other online stores and found this was the cheapest.

Next I'll have to buy a 4GB SDHC for about $40 from a place down my road.

Look forward to begin shooting, it's been driving me crazy today. Expect to see lots of photo's from yours truly.

Thanks,

James.

if you don't want to spend that much on a memory stick, look on amazon. they generally have new sticks for about half the price. also make sure you look around at other stores too. i got my 4gb for 14 bucks at best buy

if you don't want to spend that much on a memory stick, look on amazon. they generally have new sticks for about half the price. also make sure you look around at other stores too. i got my 4gb for 14 bucks at best buy

I've bought some pricey stuff at amzon, I've been happy with the quality and never had to return anything.

MS
2.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back