My first HDR picture!

The infighting and goading gets old.

What Bynx is trying to say is this picture looks like something that had zero brain cells applied to it. I agree with him. Based on the composition and the processing, Bynx nailed it. I also don't like how OP can't take CC and turns snide at the thought of putting some thought into his pictures.

OP-- If YOU don't want to think about the image before you take it, then why do you post here and want us to think about the image? Bynx has offered thoughtful criticism to you, when applied to your photo made it less bad (but still bad). Right now the original picture looks like a very bad cell phone snap edited to high hell.

And Steve, sometimes I can't tell if you're forming your opinion about things, or just being contradictory toward Bynx to get a rise out of him.

This thread is a train wreck.

If a mod is reading this, please lock this thread.

Not your choice.

You do not own this thread or this forum, or do you?

I'm siding with Bynx on this one. It's not that you need to contemplate for hours about every image you try to create, oh wait you had no thought process at all, therefor you didn't really create anything.

You merely took a badly composed snapshot of an average morning sunrise.

Ok, this is toned down? You think it is better? To me it doesnt even really look like an HDR picture toned down.

View attachment 18046

So all artistic reasoning aside....

So, I might ask, what does an "HDR" image look like to you? Do you understand the basic concepts of what "HDR" means or what it was first intended to provide a photographer?

or maybe...

So, what is the dynamic range of these images?

Or perhaps, what was the dynamic range of these scenes?

About "dynamic range" - Open Photography Forums
About "high dynamic range" - Open Photography Forums

Here is a nice example(to me) of an HDR image.

Night time Panorama of Rotterdam Skyline from the Euromast - Open Photography Forums

We do have a "Just for Fun" forum for posting shots you don't want critique on... everyplace else is "fair game". I agree with Bynx and Rotanimod on everything they said, btw!

You can get decent shots out of that Coolpix 510 "bridge" if you try... but you can also easily turn out cell phone style crap if you shoot without thinking, or overedit.

I dont care about c&c

So then why did you say in your initial post?

I figured I would post it to get some C&C

Seems like he is saying, that the critique of the image does not bother him, but the following comments of thoughtlessness and being accused of fishing for compliments does. Not that he doesn't want C&C.

You guys are doing a great job showing the new members the ropes.
I see a lot of inflammatory commentary being passed off as "thoughtful critique" here.

Ballistics, that is YOUR opinion, and your words, not his. I dont see that he is saying that at all. I dont know why its inflammatory to just suggest one to take a second and actually look in the viewfinder before you take the picture. Maybe then you will see that a slight movement one way or the other makes a nicer looking picture. If you cant even suggest that without a war going on and people like yourself drawing sides, then what exactly can we say here? The OP asked for C&C. That was given on the HDR aspects of his shot and he took it to heart and made the alteration. Then left it hanging in the air whether he liked it or not himself. Ive asked him whether he did or not and he never bothered to respond. Finally comments were made about the composition which, to me, didnt look very good but Im sure could have been better with just a few seconds of thought. Is that too much to expect?

Ballistics said:
Seems like he is saying, that the critique of the image does not bother him, but the following comments of thoughtlessness and being accused of fishing for compliments does. Not that he doesn't want C&C.

You guys are doing a great job showing the new members the ropes.
I see a lot of inflammatory commentary being passed off as "thoughtful critique" here.

Inflammatory commentary on an anonymous Internet forum? Whaaaaaat? No way. ;)

Ballistics, that is YOUR opinion, and your words, not his. I dont see that he is saying that at all.

Which is why I said "seems like".

I dont know why its inflammatory to just suggest one to take a second and actually look in the viewfinder before you take the picture. Maybe then you will see that a slight movement one way or the other makes a nicer looking picture. If you cant even suggest that without a war going on and people like yourself drawing sides, then what exactly can we say here? The OP asked for C&C. That was given on the HDR aspects of his shot and he took it to heart and made the alteration. Then left it hanging in the air whether he liked it or not himself. Ive asked him whether he did or not and he never bothered to respond. Finally comments were made about the composition which, to me, didnt look very good but Im sure could have been better with just a few seconds of thought. Is that too much to expect?

It's a matter of couth and tact. Without naming names, there are members here who have recently called other's work "crap" and consider their opinion of photography factual. You can say whatever you want, but there are ways to avoid conflict. I just find it odd that people freely say what they want in a derogatory manner, but when people get defensive, people act surprised and tell them it's what they asked for.
You can be blunt and honest without being offensive.

If the pic doesnt look good enough to hang then why take it? And by looks I mean also from an interest point of view. Just clicking away with out thinking and posting them here hoping someone will say something nice about it doesnt make much sense to me. If you think before you shoot Im sure the quality of your work will improve dramatically.

If you don't see how this can be taken offensively, or that this could have been put completely different then I don't think there is much left to say.

LinkTheWorld said:
^Ok, cool. You have every picture you post be worthy of hanging it on your wall, and I will just click away with out thinking^

If I am going to test this HDR software with a quick picture, I can either walk outside my backdoor, or I can fly to Paris and get a picture of the Eiffel Tower. You never wanted to try a software/technique/new lens and too a picture of your keyboard or something? Lighten up man, not every picture needs to make sense.

You know, Bynx is pretty good, especially with the HDR stuff. He was trying to help... and made some good suggestions! Your sarcasm and attitude will probably keep many of us who have been at this a while, from even trying to assist you. We do this for free.. and sometimes put a lot of thought and effort into it. If you are just going to blow off C&C with smart remarks, why should be even bother trying to help?

^Thank you for the great point. I already thanked Bynx for his help. Everyone is happy. Have a great night.

Cheeky and snide. This is how you've conducted yourself through this whole thread. No one likes a smart @$$. You don't seem to realize how self-contradictory you've been through this whole thread.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back