My First Model Shoot

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by beni_hung, Sep 13, 2010.

1. beni_hung

beni_hung TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Just some photos from my first model shoot. Just a friend that was kind and patient enough to let me try some things! C&C if you wanna

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Well, there's nowhere to go but up from here! I thin k the closest you came to success as on the last shot, but the whites are all blown out. #1 is hurt pretty badly by that bright, OOF< distracting background with those ugly tree limbs in it. #2 has some odd Dutch tilt, for no apparent reason, and appears OOF. #3 is a horizontal for no apparent reason--had you turned the camera, we could at least have seen a bit of her, but as a horizontal it's just a floating head on the left hand side and a bunch of uninteresting, out of focus background on the right hand side of the frame. You did use the light that was there fairly well, but it looks like there's plenty to improve upon in your second shoot. Watch the edges of the frame, and especially cropping off of feet and hands, and think about shooting verticals much of the time on close-range, single-person, female fashion shots where the subject is standing up.

3. tkruf

tkruf TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    1 - overexposed, cut off part of her feet, twigs coming out of her head.
    2 - Out of focus
    3 - Better but as Derrel said, too much dead space on the right. If you're going to shoot horizontal atleast have something on the right side as a reason for shooting horizontal. This shot, I would crop in on her.
    4 - Better attempt, but overexposed again.

4. DanFinePhotography

DanFinePhotography TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #1 and 4 look overexposed and #2 looks a little soft. The compositions/model/ setting are great you might select a different time of day to get better exposures looks like you may have been hit with some mid day lighting which can be pretty harsh

5. bazooka

bazooka No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I actually like the landscape comp for #3... but if I compared it to a portrait comp, I might like that better so it's hard to say. I don't mind the dead space at all though. Take it for what it's worth... I'm just one opinion in however many billion and not very experienced. I agree with the other comments already made though.

6. dcketcham

dcketcham TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    agree totally here...

but, still, beautiful model and if you could get her out again!