My first pictures with DSLR Digital Rebel XT

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by foto12q, Jun 10, 2007.

1. foto12q

foto12q TPF Noob!

these pictures were taken with Canon Rebel XT, when I was in Seattle :heart:
    http://www.plaza.net/beprecious/thumbnails.php?album=70

what do you guys think? by the way I am a beginner...so I need your inputs negative and positive if any

2. boclcown

boclcown TPF Noob!

I'll be honest - those are some very obvious first-timer pictures. I've found that it's a matter of practice - getting a good picture. It's why spending three grand on a setup won't get you better pictures than this guy, who used a P&S.

All of those pics can benefit from a more acurate white-balance, better use of apature, and more light.

3. psuphoto09

psuphoto09 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    The highlights of the photos seemed to be blown out in some of the images. Maybe use some burning or USM to bring them back a bit.

As boclcown said, the shots are very beginner. Try differnt angles, and unusual subjects.

4. photoman720

photoman720 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    To me a lot of the photos do not seem to have subjects that jump out. It is just a bunch of subjects bunched together. Dont worry though because I have seen much worse beginner photos. Keep trying!

5. gtkelly

gtkelly TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

I have seen much worse non-beginner photos as well. Keep working at it. Great start!

As Boclcown mentioned - remember to pay attention to the light source and white balance. It will remove the yellow\orange cast to the picts...