My first submission for a crit.

Thanks, terri. I'm seriously considering doing a reshoot on this one with a bit more set-up and supplies (something to clean off the lipstick). I'll post something if I do.

Thanks to all for the great input!

Daniel

I guess I'm just not experienced enough or my photographic eye doesn't yet have the necessary training to appreciate this portrait. I can't imagine this portrait being anything other than a snapshot.

This comment is just a remark regarding my personal lack of photographic development. I wish I could see what everyone else is seeing. I definitely feel as though I'm missing out on something.

I guess I've never considered it a portrait.

To me, a portrait is about the person sitting for the portrait. I think that this shot is more about the situation. Like an action shot or a sports shot. It's meant to be narrative. Whether I hit that mark or not is the feedback I was looking for. I was honestly surprised that so many people just saw a girl setting on a toilet and left it at that. I'm new to the medium, though, and I'm finding out that subtlety isn't all that appropriate for photography.

Daniel

alright, I'm really late on this one, but I wanted to say somthing about the color in the photograph. One of the first things I saw about the photo was the yellow cast, but then I noticed the small part of the toilet right behind her butt. I noticed it was white like it should have been. So I guess what I'm trying ot say is, to me it looks like you did a great job of exposing the shot and stuff. Personally, I think the yellow cast should be left, it wouldn't look right if the toilet and the walls were the same color, and the toilet shoudl be white

Most reactions

Back