My new toy!!!

fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, yesterday, we went to look at 300D's at a big store (electrical/furniture retailer)...

I had seen on a Camera store's website that they would do the 300D & Battery grip for $1399. Whereas the store I was looking at was $1399 just for the camera.

So we looked anyway - and he said they could match it, but it couldn't go on finance because of that. But anyway - my mum piped up and said I could put it on her credit card and pay her back as I got the money.

So Woo-hoo - I have a 300D With Battery Grip. I got a 256MB card aswell (which he saw I worked at Kmart and discounted that aswell - we get 5% off at Kmart - and he gave me more than that. Worked out $10 cheaper than it would at work)

Then he got into the extended warranty. $149 he said... But I didn't really wanna add that to my mum's credit card aswell - as it was already getting quite expensive. So he dropped it to $99 for me...

I think I got a pretty good deal. Unfortunately I can't hack the camera with the upgrade cause I assume that would void the warranty. But I am excited that I have it - and it will probably take me at least 3 years before I am ready to use all the cool features the hack provides!

No photos yet as I have been working lots (my boss is on holidays). But that equals money to pay my mum back!

Yay. I'm so happy.

-- end of gloat --

Congrats, Im sure you will love it.

Congratulations!!!! Aren't moms wonderful?

Just a word of advice. Pay mom off before buying any more goodies for your camera. That way, when you want to buy that big lens you just can't get all the money for, then maybe she'll let you use her card again. (from experience).

K

Hack the thing, it doesn't void the warranty.

That seems an ok deal, coming from a walk-in store.

Thanks guys :)

I just need to say though - OMG - it is heavy! I thought my film slr was heavy - but i picked them up together and whoa!

But I still absolutely LOVE the new one. I went and took photos of my aunty's pregnant belly tonight (she is due today), and it was excellent checking the shots straight away!

And - When I zoom on the computer - it takes forever to be able to see the pixels!!! Woooww...

Kfoster - thanks for the tip :)

Most reactions

Back