My Recent Shoots

I was never a fan of hair lights unless the person had dark hair on a dark background. I think it's fine. But it might be more professional (there's a line you have to watch for. But as I always say, do whatever the client (interview/employer, art director, model, photo editor) wants, even if the client is yourself) to have more light on the hair.

I like the lightning in both. Again, good stuff! :)

The posses are good too. The second one's hands sort of bother me. It's not exactly feminine (see her left hand thumb is sticking out? It makes it looks like that's her only finger. try it like the right hand, but make both hand poses more symmetrical, know what I'm trying to explain?). The crease/bump in her shirt bothers me. That's me. I'm picky but not a perfectionist.

I worked in a small crappy cheap family portrait studio and there’s ll these things I learnt to pick up on (mostly with poses), and I’m glad that I begin to see them more now and I can pick up other things in my work.

metroshane, I was just browsing your profile. It seems that you and I have many interrest in common.....
Gretches......Chet Adkins Signature COUNTRY GENTLEMAN
...................TENNISEAN
Red Heads.....No comments
Hot Rods.... two RamAir WS6's (one for groceries, one for the strip)

Yep....I have a Duane Eddy signature 6120. A hemi truck (which replaced a mustang 5.0). Check out my website in my profile and my interest are very clear.

Bobman, here's my next critique....it seems you are interested in the fashion side...so you really need to work with two things.
1. A makeup artist
2. Real models.

These girls ARE very attractive...but they aren't models. I know models get a lot of crap for being dumb or whatever...but professionals are just that. They know what looks sexy and how to pose and "make love" to the camera.

They know what looks sexy and how to pose and "make love" to the camera.

I forgot to mention that half of the work if not more is the model. She has to know how to place herself (like the left hand thumb I was mentioned above) because you'll be starring at her forever trying to place her exactly 'perfect' and that will make her uncomfortable.

I noticed in my studio that I was taught to look carefully how these people were posing to look for their clothes and especially hands and hair because they don't know what they're doing, but I do.

So when I went to have my portraits done with my boyfriend I knew not to put my hand over his shoulder so only a few fingers would be showing and/or my hand would look masculine/large (but I did it anyway because I didn’t care, I just didn’t want to fall off ;)). I also paid attention to the way my sleeves hung. I looked like I was flying trying to get them straight ;)

I want to see more! You have good images.

Thank you very much for all your comments and suggestions and tips. I really enjoy in this forum. Well, as I am still new to studio photography, I will keep learning.

metroshane, I agree with you. First the makeup is not there and she is in fact a model maybe it is me who screw up the pose. But I will be careful next time about the pose..... :)

canonrebel, thank you for suggestion about the hair light example. I will try again this Sunday with hair light. I don't really do scenic photography. But I like street photography in black n white. Maybe I can post a few next week about my country scene. Mostly high rise buildings and very little nature.

photong, thank you for your encouragement. I will post more to share and learn from all of you..

Cheers

Bobman

Most reactions

New Topics

Back