michalslowik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi viewer! :)

My name is Michał Słowikowski and I'm from Poland (you can call me Michael). I'm interested in studio photography and I hope to do it for a living.

I'm practicing since about 3 months (thanks to my dad who let me convert one of school classrooms into a photo studio for a holiday time which unfortunately came to an end) so I guess I'm a newbie and this is the place I should start showing my work off. :)

Here are some photographs I have taken so far. All the work from start to finish (including retouching) was done by me. No makeup, no stylization.

Comments and feedbacks from people who know something about studio photography would be highly welcomed.

70569947.jpg

14406906.jpg

I'll be posting new pictures everyday so stay tuned. :)

Regards,
M.S.

The pose makes her look like she despertately needs to go take a leak, but the lighting is sure nice.

I don't care for the lighting, the sharp shadow edges. I think the light should have been modified to wrap just a bit more. I also fault the way the outline of his head gets lost in the background camera right. Rembrant lighting, a soft rim light , or a soft hair light from above and behind would not detract from a manly pose while adding just enough touch of background separation.

His eye isn't sharply focused, and the light needed to be brought forward just enough to light his entire eye socket, and/or you could have had him turn his head ever so slightly to the right without adding any tilt towards the low shoulder, and raise his chin a touch while still looking directly into the lens.

Thanks for the comment, KmH.

The pose from the first photograph was inspired by a fashion photograph of Ben Bassu - American photographer. I never thought of it this way.

The idea for the second portrait was to use side lighting and just one light. The head doesn't merge with the background and his eye sure is focused sharply. Photo compression from imageshack destroyed details.

As I promised, here are another two photographs:

329.jpg

533.jpg

Best regards,
M.S.

You obviously have facilities well beyond the amateur level. Posting in the beginners forum is unseemly, and you may have noticed that you have gotten little feedback because 99.999% of beginners don't start in a studio.

Plus, as you add photos you would do better by starting a new thread.

I am not a forum moderator.

Very nice work! It looks like you have all the lighting you need to make beautiful photos... lucky you!

Thanks for the comment, KmH.

The pose from the first photograph was inspired by a fashion photograph of Ben Bassu - American photographer. I never thought of it this way.

The idea for the second portrait was to use side lighting and just one light. The head doesn't merge with the background and his eye sure is focused sharply. Photo compression from imageshack destroyed details.
Well.

I can only comment on what wound up posted here.

Since your image host is less than satisfactory, it would obviously be a waste of time for me or anyone else to comment furtehr on anything you post.

I've found out that I can upload photos directly into the forum so there shouldn't be that kind of problems anymore.

Please, KmH, don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to attack you.
I can see you know what you're talking about and I really value your opinion.

I'll try to ask moderator to move this topic to Beyond the Basics or somewhere it'll fit better.

Moving at request to People Photography

Also note to upload photos to this forum itself you have to be a subscribed and paid member of the site, not just a regular member. If you don't wish to subscribe you can easily use a better online host for free, such as Flickr.

Update!

817.jpg

917.jpg

From wedding photo session.

Comments are welcome.

Regards,
M.S.

Very nice tones in these pics. The softbox reflection is a little jarring as it is full in the pupil at 12 o'clock. In the first pic you could try moving the softbox a little higher and get the model to look just below. Love the hair light in this image. It creates really nice volume.

Most reactions

Back